Fields

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Fields

Post by Apok »

Not sure if this accurate or not, or if its a bug but i figure id put it here for feedback.

if you cast a firefield,
(Now iam not sure the exact duration but lets says its 120 seconds as an example.)
if you cast another one ontop of the first at lets say 110 seconds, the new fire field will only last ten seconds. It does not override the first spells duration.

Iam not sure how it was in T2A but i dont remember it being like this. I can not find any documentation on this.

Feedback ?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fields

Post by Ronk »

On topic of firefield...

I noticed (the hard way) that you can take damage (and gain resist) from a firefield without ever touching it. To duplicate:

-Run out of stamina next to a firefield.
-Attempt to run into the firefield.
-You will find you can not move into the firefield square due to being unable to move but you will take damage from the firefield.
-By just holding down run toward the firefield you'll quickly find yourself dead as you can take multiple hits more quickly than the normal firefield tick.

Much like the original poster, I dunno if this is era accurate but figured id throw it in ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Re: Fields

Post by Derrick »

My read on the original firefield description (memory, no link handy) was that fields cannot be cast on top of one another, this is not accurate to UOSA either currently. I'd say more info is required on this one.