Red-lining

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Red-lining

Post by Biohazard »

Does anyone think the frequency of red-lining PC's or NPC's is a bit excessive? It seems to happen way too often. I'd be willing to bet on it.. and I probably wouldn't lose money. I just don't remember seeing so many people get away all the time. What are the chances that whatever spell you casted or whatever weapon you used would do the EXACT damage to put someone at 0% this frequently. It just seems a little bit out there.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Red-lining

Post by Hemperor »

The percentage is actually based off of how much red to blue ratio there is on the health bar, and I know the health bars aren't very specific. So I imagine its something like if HP < 5 then it will display 0%

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Ok maybe 0% was a bad usage of terms... I'm referring to a full red bar. Not a razor percentage thing.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

That's what hemp means. The health bars aren't exact, so a redline could be anywhere from 0 - 5 health.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Pristiq wrote:That's what hemp means. The health bars aren't exact, so a redline could be anywhere from 0 - 5 health.
ah, I see.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mabye this is why razor updates health in incriments of 4%. Because the server passes the info to the client only on bar percentage, not based on their actual hp on a 0-100 scale.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if you use the percentage thing above peopels heads your a cheating non era accurate uoer and i pity the foo
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Yeah, I see that in other players screenshots. I don't ever remember this in UO, and I never seen it on my game. What causes this?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Razor has the utility under one of the options tab.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

BlackFoot wrote:if you use the percentage thing above peopels heads your a cheating non era accurate uoer and i pity the foo
lolo
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Update: I think this might've changed with the last patch to Razor, as I've been seeing a lot more 3%-2%-1% from DP deaths, instead of 4%, 0%, 0%.

I've only seen this on players, the last few tmaps I did still showed 4% - 0% for mobs.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter