new player and I have some ?'s

Moderator: Support Moderators

killbot23

new player and I have some ?'s

Post by killbot23 »

First off..this is cool..I never played any of the uo games and its all so new to me..so wer in the 2nd age,1.can I play as a ninja?says I need a update.2.are ther other shards that are also free to play and how does that work?3.Am I good to go?I got it running and logged in but do I or should I downlode anything else?...ty. looking forword to gameing with you all.

Dagon

Re: new player and I have some ?'s

Post by Dagon »

there are no ninjas or other types of characters or races (elves).

yes there are other shards that are free.

yes you are good to go.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

First thing you should do is take a look over your skill list (Alt+K). Get an idea of what kind of skills you would find interesting to improve, think of interesting combinations to diversify your talents.

After deciding on a handful of skills wander around towns until you can find a shop that pertains to those skills, enter and find out if there is a vendor there (say: "Vendor I would like to buy from you!"). Take note of what items he sells; are they tools, are they products, what do they sell for?

Now try purchasing a few tools and materials if you can. Double click on the tool, that might bring up a menu for you to make goods if you have the material. It may also just bring up a targeting cursor, if that is the case then click on the material you would like to use with it. Keep attempting to create products and try different things, sometimes you may fail, sometimes you might not, each item has varying difficulties.

When you are out of available material to make things with, go back to the vendor and sell your merchandise (say: "I would like to sell to you vendor"). You may have made a profit, you may not, learn which items you can make consistently for a good price and concentrate on those for money.

If you find yourself broke and with no idea what to do, wander around town until you run into another player. A good place to look is at a city's bank, many players are around there and you can even store your items if you please (say: "Bank" or "Banco!", we're multilingual here :D). Ask for some help, someone should be able to show you the ropes in-game and get you on your feet.

Remember, double-click, pick-up, open and talk to everything. Interaction with the world and other players is what will bring you the most enjoyment. Good luck!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Vendor buy/Vendor sell

a list of commands
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Commands
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Ninja's? There were ninjas in UO?

Krats

Post by Krats »

When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

haha I think that is the gayest thing I have ever seen. I am glad I got out of EA's UO when I did.

Return to “New Player Help”