Money dissappearing in bank?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Gund

Money dissappearing in bank?

Post by Gund »

Not sure where to start here

In my bank box I had a check for 7500 and about 2000 in coin. I was fighting in covetous I think it was with about 2000 coin on me. I was PKed by some dude (congrats you killed a char that was 24 hrs old...was that fun?). When I returned to town all of the money in the bank box was gone. Not even the check was in there. Now its been a while, but arnt those supposed to be blessed item that dont go anywhere?

So far so good with this free shard...just which I had my money and that the noob pkers would grow up.

Gund

Re: Money dissappearing in bank?

Post by Gund »

Perhaps I should also add that no other item dissappeared from the bank, just the check and coin.

vteclude

Post by vteclude »

did u place a bounty? if not, did u buy nething off a vendor? and if neither of those, does ne1 have ur name and pw to ur accnt? only things i can think of unless its still in ur bank. try saying balance to a banker to see if its just buried.

Thor

Post by Thor »

So you did NOT have the check on you?

Gold definately isn't blessed. I don't think checks are either

Nor are deeds (just for the future) or runebooks. These were all post T2A changes.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Checks are blessed, but a posted bounty will be withdrawn and held by the town guards at the time of the posting. I'm betting this was the case here. If not. please let me know. The only other possibility I can think of it that the account was compromised.

Gund

Post by Gund »

Ah, thats it...I posted a bounty. I kept thinking that there was something I did that I wasnt getting.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

I hope it was me.

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Derrick wrote:Checks are blessed, but a posted bounty will be withdrawn and held by the town guards at the time of the posting. I'm betting this was the case here. If not. please let me know. The only other possibility I can think of it that the account was compromised.
Checks are blessed? Sweet! That makes trading large amounts of money a bit safer and easier.
As for bounties, I usually throw in 50 or 100 gold.. It's an interesting idea, but too much and their friend will just kill them for the reward.

alatar

Post by alatar »

nobody kills themself for a bounty..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

Before you realized it was a bounty, I was thinking "Man, women experience the same problem and wonder the same thing. It's called spending money, but it has the same effect as dissapearing so I see the problem *sighs*"

:P

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

But would posting a bounty actually cash/use the check?
It's worth looking into.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kylock wrote:But would posting a bounty actually cash/use the check?
It's worth looking into.
Currently yes it does. When you get the bounty message, and it says (<xxxxxxxx> max)
The <xxxxxxxxx> is the total gold available in your bank, checks and all.
Yes, we can change this, but people with only checks in thier bank would be unable to post bounty, but I think that would be pretty reasonalbe

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

I am with Alatar on this one. Why would I risk 20% statloss to get the 20k on my head? That would be the dumbest thing a person could do. Since it would probably cost me 100k to raise all my skills back up again.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:
It's worth looking into.
Currently yes it does. When you get the bounty message, and it says (<xxxxxxxx> max)
Yes, we can change this, but people with only checks in thier bank would be unable to post bounty, but I think that would be pretty reasonalbe
Isn't that a bit dangerous? Lets assume my bank is packed full of items and im at my item limit. One such item is a check for 1 million gold. If I put a bounty for 500 gold...would it not cash the check and cause my bank to 'overflow'? What happens to all of my stacks of gold since my bank can't hold them? Or does the check just get decremented to 999500?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:
Derrick wrote:
It's worth looking into.
Isn't that a bit dangerous? Lets assume my bank is packed full of items and im at my item limit. One such item is a check for 1 million gold. If I put a bounty for 500 gold...would it not cash the check and cause my bank to 'overflow'? What happens to all of my stacks of gold since my bank can't hold them? Or does the check just get decremented to 999500?
Without looking to verify the behavior, i believe the check would be decremented, but in neither case would you lose anything from the bank. Worst case scenario would be that the bankers would use their crazy gm banking powers to squeeze the extra items into your bank.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”