Are alchemy failure rates accurate?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zane

Are alchemy failure rates accurate?

Post by Zane »

I'm just wondering about this.

I've got 82.5 Alchemy and I'm trying to craft Greater Explosions. I'm getting around a 50% failure rate on these. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but it just seems a little strange (I know there's supposed to be failure even after attaining req'd skill, just didn't realise it was going to be this high of a failure rate).

Dagon

Re: Are alchemy failure rates accurate?

Post by Dagon »

just wait until you do DP.. that's fun.

alcon

Post by alcon »

yeah that seems about right. I have a GM alchey and I fail a lot still when i do g explo kegs

Zane

Post by Zane »

alcon wrote:yeah that seems about right. I have a GM alchey and I fail a lot still when i do g explo kegs
Not saying something is wrong with my character or even bugged, I'm questioning the accuracy of it. It doesn't match the other crafting disciplines.

For instance, at GM smith, crafting Plate Arms (base skill req 66) I get very few failures and at most a couple attempts to achieve exceptional. If you "fail a lot" when doing greater explosion at GM crafting an item of 65 skill req, it seems like something is off.

I'm asking if this is just the way alchemy was (out of step with other crafts) or if something is inaccurate.