Problem with scribing macro

Moderator: Support Moderators

Coloram
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Problem with scribing macro

Post by Coloram »

Hello

I am using a macro to create scrolls. It calls a restock agent which takes a blank scroll and the raegants from my bank box, and they appear in my backpack. It calls the inscription skill and tries to target the blank scroll but can't. If I do it manually it works fine but, for some reason, the macro can't target it. I have changed it to target by type, and then re-targeted it but it doesn't work. The worst thing is that it works sometimes, so I could get through 100 scrolls ok, then I buy some more to put in my bank box and it stops working. Does anyone else have this problem, or am I doing something wrong? The macro is posted below

Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|40
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:35
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|8847|3686|2516|0|400
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|23
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|3636
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|2|8390|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|1|8370|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:07
Assistant.Macros.LiftTypeAction|8031|1
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x4019693E|(-1, -1, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05

Thanks
Coloram
Aldarian - DG

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Problem with scribing macro

Post by zzyzx »

Put about 10 in your backpack and target as an ABSOLUTE target. When you get to like 2, restock back to 10. This keeps the absolute target alive.

The problem you're running into is that the target by type is trying to target the ones not in your pack. If you target by absolute and use them all up, that absolute target is gone. So the trick is to keep that absolute target alive by always keeping it in your pack, which is why using a stack works and restock before it gets to 0.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Zane

Post by Zane »

One thing I did to avoid this problem was put the crafting contents in a locked container in my pack and craft from there. Due to the weight of the box, it can't be stolen, and it's locked so it can't be opened. To maintain this, I set the macro in a for loop which was less then the total materials (thus keeping the box too heavy to steal).

Basically it's:

For XXX (where XXX is about 20 more of each ingred in the box)
use skill inscription
absolute target
select spell
pause 11000
if (text indicating success, unless there has been a change to mana loss on failure too)
use skill med
pause 11
pause mana > min needed for spell
end if
end for

I'm not sure, but I thought scrolls were not uniquely identified (meaning a drag and drop action could interfere with the unused scrolls). If I'm wrong though, you would enter that after the start of the if conditional with a short pause (like half or a full second) before meditation. To counter thieves stealing them from my pack, I always started with a stack in my pack that was too heavy fro them to steal.

I'm sure there may be better ways, but this was the way I did it, so I thought I'd post it. I had thieves try to steal from me, but it never worked because they couldn't get to the goods, or they were just too heavy. The one issue I never had to overcome was a suicide purple pot dump. This could have thwarted my process, but to my knowledge was never tried. Maybe I was just lucky though.

Krats

Post by Krats »

zzyzx wrote:Put about 10 in your backpack and target as an ABSOLUTE target. When you get to like 2, restock back to 10. This keeps the absolute target alive.

The problem you're running into is that the target by type is trying to target the ones not in your pack. If you target by absolute and use them all up, that absolute target is gone. So the trick is to keep that absolute target alive by always keeping it in your pack, which is why using a stack works and restock before it gets to 0.
This is how I do it as well, but rather start with a stack of 2 and when my stack is down to 1 it restocks.
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Krats wrote: This is how I do it as well, but rather start with a stack of 2 and when my stack is down to 1 it restocks.
If you're in a house, you should really restock more than 1. Restocking takes time. Sure, it only takes a little under a second, but that starts to add up over time.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Krats

Post by Krats »

good point, may have to edit my macro
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Zane

Post by Zane »

I try to avoid restocking... but when I was working on Inscription I didn't have a house yet... and yeah, if you're working in a house and scribing that many scrolls, I would seriously start with max weight you can hold and restock to full when you get down to 1 to save what.

Honestly, it would save like 4 minutes on each restock (figuring 1 second per restock and roughly 200-250 scrolls for weight if I remember it correctly). It's not tremendous, but it is measurable.

Coloram
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Coloram »

Thanks for replies, I changed it to re-stock 2 of each and it works now.

Thanks for your help.
Aldarian - DG

Return to “New Player Help”