True MMORPG Thought

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Would You Like To See New Content

Yes New Content Would Be A Great Additive
22%
No Its Perfect Leave It Alone
65%
Maby A Few New Things Nothing Drastic
13%

Total votes: 23

jadedamion

True MMORPG Thought

Post by jadedamion »

i was just thinking.. i know we are trying to keep the second age feel as the newer split world SUCKED everyone just stayed in tram. but would it be possible to add the new area's but keep the same rules as fel? i mean isnt that part of what make's a great MMO is the expanding world? BTW creators i love what you've done dont take it the wrong way but UO did hit some gold with some of the new content skills and what not.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Re: True MMORPG Thought

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

New content has a VERY VERY high chance of ruining the game.

We havent even put in all the "old content" why change things around and mess with success?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There are dozens of other shards that recreate an era "with a few minor tweaks". This is the only one that doesn't.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Not accurate, your opinion and thoughts on adding post T2A features will be overlooked for consideration, and most likely flamed :(
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

jadedamion

Post by jadedamion »

weather i get FLAMED or not is irrelevant as it is an opinion.. i just think thats what makes a great mmo is that it is always changing expanding. i meen if they suddenly got a Flood of 1000 new people something would have to give would it not?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

jadedamion wrote:weather i get FLAMED or not is irrelevant as it is an opinion.. i just think thats what makes a great mmo is that it is always changing expanding. i meen if they suddenly got a Flood of 1000 new people something would have to give would it not?
No, nothing would have to give. This shard isn't ever, ever going to see the "new" skills (Chiv, Necromancy, and whatever else came later), because it's not part of what this shard is about. This isn't something that can be debated. Even if 1000 people showed up demanding the new lands/skills, it wouldn't be added.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

It's perfect the way it is. If you want something different simply go play something else.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I think adding things that don't overtly affect the game to the naked eye would be nice. More quests, more scripted events that do not give trophies as rewards so there wouldn't be the complaint of having too many trophy based events... I don't know. Stuff could be added without subtracting from the game.

I don't think new land masses should pop up or anything. Fun raid style dungeon quests would be kind of cool. Something that requires a few people in a party in order to complete.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

nickhimself wrote:I think adding things that don't overtly affect the game to the naked eye would be nice. More quests, more scripted events that do not give trophies as rewards so there wouldn't be the complaint of having too many trophy based events... I don't know. Stuff could be added without subtracting from the game.

I don't think new land masses should pop up or anything. Fun raid style dungeon quests would be kind of cool. Something that requires a few people in a party in order to complete.
Nothing should be added, the staff do a great job on making events with their spare time. They are to busy with real life stuff or maintaining the shard to work on creating anything extra to the shard that shouldn't be there in the first place. The trophies and the big events they make are a gift.

Everything else event wise is player created. Also there is no such thing as quests in Ultima Online. Of course there are some small ones but to be honest I never did one UO quest in my life. The real uo quests are what you create, which is one of the many reasons why uo is so great.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389