The AFK Macro Prevention Act (+ live action music video)

Share stories and special moments with the community.
JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The AFK Macro Prevention Act (+ live action music video)

Post by JoshuaLee »

What began as something out of pure boredom evolved into something more than just a series of simple acts. As I went from one victim to the next I started to get an idea of how to effect some major change on this shard. Perhaps Duke Jones is my inspiration in this random series of acts I was committing. I remember when Duke and I ran the thirsty clam new player help events, I always admired his sense of old school uo gamestyle.

I started to think about all his efforts to try and encourage non-razor methods of playing the game. They of course, were all shot down, even by myself. At any rate, I decided to maybe start an entire movement. To be honest I have always hated afk macroers at the banks, especially the West Brit Bank. They litter and leave their trash noob items on the ground and take up space. They yell for the guards every second and I don't know how the guards ignore these idiots. Also have you ever noticed that just about every single noob you see afk macroing at the bank... you never see again in the game? It's like they make characters then either quit the game or just never play that character again. I'm sick of it.
1.JPG
1.JPG (38.61 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (26.33 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (23.88 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
It was time to get the movement started. I gathered some intelligent individuals who shared the same ideas as me.
4.JPG
4.JPG (36.69 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
5.JPG
5.JPG (35.77 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
[/color]
Last edited by JoshuaLee on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

I saw the guildmaster of a theif guild trying to macro magery at the bank.
6.JPG
6.JPG (28.93 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
One afk macroer believer stood against the AMPA.
7.JPG
7.JPG (17.16 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
8.JPG
8.JPG (16.57 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
I was spreading my terror to the moonglow zoo, a place that is often untouched and left alone. After many deaths they started to group together to try and diminish my efforts to send a message.
9.JPG
9.JPG (25.54 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
10.JPG
10.JPG (24.97 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
[/color]
Last edited by JoshuaLee on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Against all odds.WAR US

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Nothing like guard spam macros going on, making it near impossible to gate my red in to bomb everyone. At this point I did not have one single blue character left just about except for the char I was using to gate. I can still bomb people but from now on needed to be careful and precise, and needed to use my wits more than anything.
11.JPG
11.JPG (54.69 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
I see someone by the name of Blackfoot afk at Vesper Bank. I have heard he was a guildmaster of a big pvm guild, and owned his own museum full of the rarest of artifacts. I could not figure out if he was afk macroing or not, but at any rate I figured he should be smart enough not to go afk at the bank. So his life had to be relinquished from this plane.
12.JPG
12.JPG (36.51 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
13.JPG
13.JPG (23.33 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
14.JPG
14.JPG (30.16 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
Later I came back and figured out a way to kill the Moonglow Zoo alliance.
15.JPG
15.JPG (78.56 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
[/color]
Last edited by JoshuaLee on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Against all odds.WAR US

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Apparently this guy was starting to get very frustrated at me. He stayed at the same bank all day long.
16.JPG
16.JPG (15.49 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
I saw the guildmaster of the thief guild (RoB) macroing magery again and paid him his dues.
17.JPG
17.JPG (48.79 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
As I lay in wait for one of my last victims, I overhear a conversation of two people talking about how they have been townkilling people all day. I revealed myself and said I was doing it as well. They told me that I killed a few of their friends many times, they thought it was pretty funny. I taught them some tricks and led them on their path.
18.JPG
18.JPG (37.12 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
[/color]

Here is a live action music video I made for this tale of adventure and for AMPA.

Ultima Online Second Age Music Video #6: The AFK Macro Prevention Act

Here are some tips of you plan to take part in the AMPA.

1. Find a place for your homebase, preferably a small house located in the middle of nowhere. Lock down some greater explosion kegs and have a secure container to hold empty bottles and empty pouches in.

2. Have two clients running, one a mage that can use the gate spell. And another char that you can use that you don't care for. Even if you run out of blue chars don't worry you can still do this with red chars just as well, a little more difficulty but the challenge is rewarding. I even killed a couple people at West Brit Bank on a red with 20+ people around, haha took me many tries but I got it done.

3. If the bomber dies it's no problem, just go back to the house and res and wait to go back blue. You don't want to be grey in town because it will just attract more attention to you and distract you.

4. The best is when you have blue chars to do this.

a~ Throw gate up with mage
b~ walk through with bomber
c~ throw two exp pots
d~ walk back in gate right away
e~ hide on steps
f~ wait for gate to disappear
g~ repeat a-f

This method is the easiest to do, you can never be guardwacked if you do it properly. People will get mad and confused that guards will not work which makes it even more funny.

5. Now with a red bomber it becomes a lot more challenging. For one you need to be around 15 tiles away from any npc or guard (give or take some). If you have to buy some wooden boxes and get the npcs and guards as far away as possible. Also a good tactic is you can't get a guard to move is to attack him and he will teleport there, then box him in. Also with npcs you can just say "name move" and they will move in a random direction one tile.

Now with a red you don't have to go back in the gate, you can just sit there and throw pots until they die. If your going to get guardwacked it's going to happen either right away or sometimes not at all. You have nothing to lose anyway so just experiment around with it to find your methods.

6. Check all banks, always reveal as well. Also check all stables and even Moonglow Zoo. There are also other places as well but I will leave that up to you to find for yourselves.

7. It is a lot more fun when you have at least two people doing this. So grab a friend and go bomb away!!! But nevertheless you can just as easily do it on your own.

I hope you have enjoyed this tale of adventure. Maybe soon we can break the tide of afk macroers, and force them to become smart enough to avoid such bombings. If there is one thing I don't like it's ignorance, I have never afk macroed in town. There are other ways to macro skills and stats efficiently, if not better. Let's truly clean up the towns, the gods know this has gone on for far to long.
Against all odds.WAR US

chainsoar

Re:

Post by chainsoar »

JoshuaLee wrote:I saw the guildmaster of a theif guild trying to macro magery at the bank.
6.JPG
[/color]
JoshuaLee wrote:I saw the guildmaster of the thief guild (RoB) macroing magery again and paid him his dues.
17.JPG
[/color]

So that was you. I actually lol'd. Good effort.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The AFK Macro Prevention Act (+ live action music video)

Post by Duke Jones »

Wow, I'm actually kinda flattered that a movement is being started in my honor.

Well, if we want to do this, we should at least use the system to our advantage. Hell, we could even make a document on the different ways to break AFK macros.

For stopping Provoking AFK gains:

1. Kill the animal they are targeting. Quick, easy way to break the macro if it's a simple one.

*OR*

2. If you want to kill the player (without taking a count), do the following:
-Find the animal they are targeting.
-Mark a rune where the AFK player can be approached (no barriers)
-Go back to the animal and cast gate
-Lead the animal into your gate.
-Watch the animal attack and perhaps kill the AFK player. The player dies, cannot macro anymore, and you kill them without taking a murder count.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

Duke Jones wrote:1. Kill the animal they are targeting. Quick, easy way to break the macro if it's a simple one.

*OR*

-Lead the animal into your gate.
ways this wont work:
if they target by type, target closest grey, etc
and im pretty sure untamed creatures do not follow through gates

also josh is batshit crazy and not clever/original in the slightest

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I hope all the Homeless Newbs lead a revolt against both you and Duke Jones for this...

Besides you need to invisible the provoker and either herd or entice the creature to a place outside of view to tame it then gate it across to the provoker. If its target by type he will provoke the animal causing him to flag, if it's target by grey just keep going all stay, all guard me.

But if you do that like I said, I hope the homeless newbs riot over this...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Only an idiot would think this is novel.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

So, what are the most common townie AFK skill gain macros in-game?

I doubt any of them are so air tight that it's fail-proof.

Know the Macros,
Know the system,
Use that knowledge to your advantage.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Krats

Post by Krats »

Fear not citizens!

I saw the culprit in the act, and decided to follow through one of his gates, hidden of course.
And the moment he traversed through the gate again, he was promptly guard wacked :D
Wish i had a screenshot but I'm at work. Will see what I can do about this when i get home
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”