Revenue Generation

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Say What

Revenue Generation

Post by Say What »

I think we should set up a way to change you name/gender through donations. I recall Origin did this you could pay $20 or so to change your name or gender. I think it would help people who are stuck with their bad decision they made through their name and or their gender/appearance. Plus it would be a good way to generate donations. Would also be sort of like those new player tickets that the (Young) status people recieved.

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Re: Revenue Generation

Post by Braden »

We allow name changes for new characters whom have committed no murders.

We appreciate any and all donations as they help offset the cost of the server and bandwidth, however, it has always been our policy to not exchange in-game items, stats, skills, services, etc. for real-life money including donations. This keeps the playing field level for all players regardless of their financial status.

We always welcome suggestions and ideas on how to improve the shard.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Braden wrote:We allow name changes for new characters whom have committed no murders.
How does this work? And does it mean no murders ever, or just a current count of 0?

Say What

Post by Say What »

Braden wrote:We allow name changes for new characters whom have committed no murders.

We appreciate any and all donations as they help offset the cost of the server and bandwidth, however, it has always been our policy to not exchange in-game items, stats, skills, services, etc. for real-life money including donations. This keeps the playing field level for all players regardless of their financial status.

We always welcome suggestions and ideas on how to improve the shard.
I don't really see how it would un-level the playing field. that is why Origin made it availiable. I think it is an untapped market, Imagine if just a dozen people took use of it. not sure how much server costs are atm but lets say you make a requirement of 10$ minimum donation for a change, it would make a lot of money even if 10 or 20 people took advantage of it in a year. Also I would recommend having it not be by deed and per request and thru direct Admin oversight there for the deeds couldnt be sold. I think this would still keep the economy as it is and what harm really is letting someone alter their naked avatar.. Its not as if its an item bless deed or what ever. I think it would help those who made stupid toons that dont reflect their current play style. Anyway I think it would only be beneficial and also keep this in mind. If you don't use it you lose it... haha ne way love to hear more of a discussion on pros and cons rather than just policy statements.

Say What

Post by Say What »

also I think it would be era accurate because origin also took advantage of peoples vannity per their avatars :D

Teph

Post by Teph »

its a slippery slope.

pablo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pablo »

This is great news...I want to change my name to chumbucket or hemperor or something else original. How do I do it?

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The way I've always put it is, if you're exchanging anything in-game at all for donations, then it's not a donation. It's a purchase. We definitely appreciate any and all donations, but as Braden said it's always been and always will be policy that we don't give any in-game benefits for donations.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.