Dying after recall

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Dying after recall

Post by son »

I dont recall this happening too often at osi. I get alot of kills this way here, but no count, just karma loss.

If they get recall off and I murder them, I dont get a count? Why?

Does anyone remember this happening frequently at osi? it might be an insight towards magery damage...
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Dying after recall

Post by Hemperor »

Recalling removes the ability to count, with damage delay (spells, pots) it's probably not so uncommon for kills after they've recalled.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

It prevents people from running up and getting you to attack them (or running into a BS/firefield, etc), then they recall to a safe spot, suicide, give you a count, then loot themselves.

I did a similar method (had a guy attack me) so I ran to my tower, suicided, but was unable to give him a count as he had recalled a minute before I died from DP ticks.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

What? I realize why recalling gets rid of Murder gump...

I am asking if people remember getting kills very often at OSI when they were able to recall away.

For example, two people yesterday recalled away and I lost karma (killed them) on EBs. I dont remember that ever happening at OSI.

Explosion? Sure of course, EB? Not so sure.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'd assume they target their rune during the 1 sec between when you target your ebolt and when the damage occurs.

I do remember this happening... no clue how often, but it's nice because your body is typically blue and in a bank or in front of your house. So you end up getting your stuff back 99% of the time that this happens.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I remember this happening quite often, and I remember counting people after dying upon recall. That must have been prior to the recall/no count implementation though.

Zane

Post by Zane »

I recalled with one of my chars a couple days ago after being attacked by a red. Once in Brit I took the damage, but it was nowhere near enough to kill me. So yeah, with the spell damage delay it is possible. And I think people are right about the reason you don't take counts when it results in death.

I will say this though... I was a little surprised with how much of a delay there was in the damage, but I'm sure they're pretty accurate since the topic has been visited before.