Hey all

Moderator: Support Moderators

Gotterdamerung

Hey all

Post by Gotterdamerung »

Hey there, I'm new to this server and UO as well. I heard alot about this game over the years and the other day I had read a post on some forums about your server and a bunch of rave reviews so I told myself I was going to give it a shot. I'm a pretty competative guy and was wondering if there was anyone that could help me out, teach me about the game and perhaps show me places to go to earn money and maybe help raise some skills. I'm interested mainly in PVP. I want to focus on archery and magery for sure, any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll be afk in the servers IRC chat and will be on later/late tonight if anyone would like to help me get on my feet. Thanks in advance and I look forward to killing people soon if possible.

Yoda

Re: Hey all

Post by Yoda »

I would suggest searching this forum for guilds recruiting, or heading over to the guild section of the forums. There are several guilds that recruit new players and help them get started and grind skills! Good luck and its great to have you!!
<@SecondAge> Several Lichs have been spotted in the Britain Graveyard.
<@SecondAge> The cause is unknown and several townspeople were seen fleeing in fear
<Vintirex-droid> Several townspeople, Not a big enough problem imo

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sounds like you'll want a character with these skills:

100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Meditation
100 Eval Int
100 Wrestling
100 Archery
100 Tactics.

The quick and dirty version. Search for longer posts with more details.

1) make a character with 50 magery, 49 resist, 1 Provocation. 10 STR, 10 DEX, 60 INT.
2) macro stats to 100 STR, 100 INT, 25 DEX (Herding, Lore skills, Snooping, respectively).
3) macro provocation and musicianship to 100. Your instrument your character was given upon creation will never disappear, even if you die, and cannot be stolen. So you can use it forever.
4) go out and provoke monsters to kill each other and get some gold.
5) spend 43,800 gold to buy a small 7x7 house
6) buy a few bows and around 6000-7000 arrows. Buy reagents to cast Blade spirit. Stand in the center tile of your house (you cannot be killed there by people on the outside). lock down some tables ("i wish to lock this down") and cast blade spirit behind them. It will attack you, and if you have a bow in hand and arrows in your pack, you will automatically shoot back. 7000 arrows should allow you to GM archery. Don't worry about GMing tactics; that will finish hitting 100 if it hasn't already when you train Wrestling.
7) Buy full plate armor. wrestle against an Order Guard that you lead into your house. You'll need to heal yourself, but he will heal himself and will not die.
8) buy bottles of alcohol from a tavern. Make a macro that involves drinking them and meditating.
9) buy more reagents. Cast Energy Bolt on yourself to raise Magery and Resist (you'll need to heal yourself as well).
10) Macro Eval Int. You do this last because it increases the damage of spells; no sense raising it when you're just casting on yourself.

Other tips: don't forget to lower skills when you hit the 700.0 "real skill" cap. Learn razor's macro functions, as well as the Restock function. Get clever with your macros - i.e. with an archery macro, buy 7 bows, and include in your macro a bow arm/disarm every couple minutes. The bow will eventually break if you just use 1; this way, you'll arm a new one a couple minutes later.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Swords
Archery
Tactics
Magery 100/*50
Anatomy 100/ *90
Healing
Resisting spells
*Wrestling or Parry 60
(*optional)

Would be my suggestion, only arming the bow for intial attack or persuit and magery only as support.
Its really hard to fit archery with magery as your primary offensive without one gimping the other.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Gotterdamerung

Post by Gotterdamerung »

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it a bunch.

Return to “New Player Help”