8 1v1 dexer tournies: 1 1v1 wizard tourney

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

8 1v1 dexer tournies: 1 1v1 wizard tourney

Post by Fwerp »

Seems a bit unbalanced to me =\.

Pristiq

Re: 8 1v1 dexer tournies: 1 1v1 wizard tourney

Post by Pristiq »

And zero 1v1 pirate tourneys! Absolutely NO 1v1 thief tourneys!!

If you're really that upset about the "dexxer" and "wizard" tourneys (all tourneys are actually neither. These are just terms assigned to the magics/pots and crafted/no-pots tourneys :roll: ) then either

A) Play a dexxer.
B) Learn how to play your chosen template in all the tourneys.
C) Find fights OUTSIDE of these instanced events.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Im surprised fwerp is the one to whine about this. Are mages so gimped here you really can't kill a dexxer in a crafted pots tourny?

Its really a joke that l33t pvpers need special tournies. The old excuse was dexxers win tournies cuz they only need 1 each pot and load up on explodes. Now we have non-free use tournys. Whats the reason now?

corr]

Post by corr] »

Hes asking for the non potion tourneys because he personally finds them more fun. And its hardly up for debate that dexers have a significant edge in the potion tournaments. He doesn't want to play a dexer, he wants to play his tankmage because he finds more fun in the versatility of the character.

Also panthor I don't see why you're calling fwerp elitist when if i had to choose i'd say you're the one trying to look down your nose at him. I don't recall fwerp championing non-free use or ever complaining about dexers in free use either.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

That's why I mentioned I was surprised fwerp was the one to bring this up. Hes the last one I expected to act elitist.

I have already mentioned in-game that I miss the no-pot tourny's frequency now that I've been on my mage more. But this post is titled "8 1v1 dexer tournies: 1 1v1 wizard tourney" not "Lack of no-pot crafted tournies."

Considering how well my tank with 80-some odd wrestling did in a crafted/pots tourny vs a nox parry dexer and the fact that a single mage (Allah Bin Ladin) won at least 2 of them recently I do disagree that dexers have a strong advantage in crafted/pots tournies. Clearly they do in magics, but thats more because the mages here seem to refuse to use magic items other than hallys. That's a personal decision.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I know how to play a dexer just fine, I just don't really enjoy it. I also do enter these tournaments on a mage, have done okay, but the tournaments I've labeled dexer tournies are just that -- they are tournaments that are typically won by a dexer.

I am not complaining that they exist. I am only surprise that they exist at an 8:1 ratio to old fashioned tournaments. It just seems odd to me that 8 out of 9 tournaments advantage dexer characters.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

"The old excuse was dexxers win tournies cuz they only need 1 each pot and load up on explodes. Now we have non-free use tournys. Whats the reason now?"

This can still happen, because you can access your bank in between matches, and now for 15 seconds at the beginning of each match. The truer non-free use would bar participants from adding ANYTHING to their inventory after the tournament began. That would make non-free-use differ more materially from free use, and then I think you'd find a much more open field in tournaments of that sort.

/my2cents

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

no restocking between matches? that would suck for everyone. is u nutz my good man?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The "XvX non-Free Use Tournament"s were misconfigured.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Non free use tourneys with pots are not dominated by dexers.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I may be slwo in the head but what does everyone mean when they are calling people 'elitist'?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Are there even any tournaments that don't allow pots now?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

BlackFoot wrote:I may be slwo in the head but what does everyone mean when they are calling people 'elitist'?
They mean Canadians.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!