Meditation question

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Meditation question

Post by Fwerp »

I am not sure if this is the case or not, but it seems that mana regen is dependent upon your AR, instead of on what armor you are wearing. It appears ( and I am not certain) that an invuln leather tunic impedes mana regeneration more than a store bought leather tunic.

In short, if this is correct, I am not sure it is right. Since the point when meditating with metal armor was taken out, I remember (at least thinking at the time) that there was an across the board decrease on mana regeneration for armor of a given sort. Casting protection should not (as it seems to here) decrease mana regeneration.

I could be wrong on two fronts -- this could both be inaccurate, or I could be entirely wrong, and this system isn't even in effect on UOSA. So, let me know what you know.

Sandro

Re: Meditation question

Post by Sandro »

Are you implying that armor should decrease meditation at a static rate depending on the type (leather, studded, ring, chain, plate, bone) of armor, not by the actual over-all value of armor it provides individually?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I believe this was a UO:R thing, and in T2A it was based on AR.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If that was the case protection spells and clothing would impede meditation.
Derrick said before that it was based on type not the armor rating.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Ah, well, archaicsubrosa77, that is how I think it should be. Ill have to do a test or two though.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I don't think protection would affect it. Physical Armor rating and Virtual Armor are two different things.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

magic is magic whether it be invulnerability tunics or protections spells
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Only the "real" ar of the item effects meditation, this includes the ar from quality, and deductions for wear, but magical properties that give AR bonuses to armor do not effect meditation rate. The protection spell does not effect meditation at all, nor does clothing.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."