Non-Free Use Tourney Restock Time

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Non-Free Use Tourney Restock Time

Post by Fwerp »

I think a good idea would be to have a pause button before any match. That way, players can quickly go and buy reagents, kegs, and bottles before their match starts. When they return, they can hit play, and begin their match fully stocked.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Do you not see the griefing that would follow in suit if that was the case fwerp?

There would have to be a time limit implemented no matter what is changed.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Do you not see the griefing that would follow in suit if that was the case fwerp?

There would have to be a time limit implemented no matter what is changed.
Agreed.

I don't really see a huge problem with how tournaments are now. There is always going to be some kind of issue with resources. The only solution I can see is to automatically stock a player with X amount of resources each match, then remove/redistribute on each match so all players started with X amount, each time.

But then again, I like non-free use because it stimulates the economy and you have to have your own gear to enter, you can't just show up with a 7x char and get supplies for free.

I don't think the entire server will ever see eye-to-eye on this issue.

Just my $.02
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I was being completely sarcastic. I guess I should have added that I thought indigent should get time to farm to purchase gear if necessary to get that point across.

Anyway I don't think we should add to the current restocking time at all, and I think doing so will serve to defeat the very purpose of introducing non-free use tournaments.

Whenever I am in a non-free use tournament, I am very cognizant of my resources, and I take into account the possible consequences of using potions in one match on my next match. This was even more pronounced before the addition of bank box access at the beginning of matches. If I had 90 seconds to restock, I would be fully-stocked for every match, and my play style would be indistinguishable from that of a free-use tourney. Moreover, it would become a "Free-use-tourney-for-rich-players," and the less established players would be at a pronounced disadvantage (the very limited bank time between matches is somewhat of an equalizer).

Lastly, the 17 seconds is plenty of time for anyone who is remotely careful about allocating their resources to adequately restock for the next match. A player may have 28 greater explosions and 12 greater refresh instead of 60 and 22, but I suspect he or she can make do for the match. Otherwise, it is tough for me to see how resource management will play into these tourneys at all. Pair this with the fact that a resourceful and determined player can easily grab 100 potions from his or her bank box via bags or pouches in the allotted time if needed, and this reform becomes quite dubious in my view.

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

play these tournies on a dexer and then try and say that, fwerp

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Every match needs to begin with both sides being as well prepared as they feel they need to be, period.

Duels have never been intended to be the same as fielding, we need to stop acting like they are. One of the bigger differences is the fact you start on equal footing. No protection spells (protect/reactive/reflect) both geared perfectly etc.. If we're going to have tournies that don't allow you to restock entirely between fights it needs to be separate from more traditional tournies.

Choppa X

Post by Choppa X »

Uhh did someone delete my post?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Choppa X wrote:Uhh did someone delete my post?
First i've seen from you on this topic.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Choppa X

Post by Choppa X »

Hmm I must be going crazy then. Could have sworn I responded to this thread.