Macing should break armor in free use.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Psilo

Macing should break armor in free use.

Post by Psilo »

Right now if you play a parry warrior in a dexer 1v1 tourney(pots, magics, dp ect.) then you will outdo anyone that doesn't have parry as well, even the macers because they can't break your shield or armor.

The warrior with parry gets to fight through the match taking almost no damage with no risk of losing his invul shield or whatever he has. He also gets the luxury of chunking purples the whole fight because even if he takes damage it means he outlives the explosion pot damage as well as the other warrior's damage too because it is so minimal.

Armor in UO breaks, so I suggest we make all armor and weapons take the regular durability loss and macing effect should be present to be a gold sink for the high end armor many people wear at the tournament.

We need to make non-free Use really mean what it implies.
Last edited by Psilo on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Faust

Re: Macing should break armor in free use.

Post by Faust »

Good point, defintely should be the case.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

+1
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Indeed, not just b/c of macing, but all weapons/armor should lose durability in ALL events.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Armor will take normal damage in non-free use events. We are phasing out free use tournaments (are there even any left?)

While I do see the point here, the concept behind free use is that you leave with what you start with, allowing newer poorer players to participate in the events without risking what little they've accumulated. I understand there is dispute on whether there should be risk free events, but I think that's a different conversation, if there is free use, I think it should be free use.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

free use events deff should not destroy your equipment, you shoudl eb able to rock pheonix armour with no fear in those events.
Non free use however your stuff hsould get smashed
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Armor will take normal damage in non-free use events. We are phasing out free use tournaments (are there even any left?)
Are you sure that macing still works in tournaments(all non FREE use).

I have yet to see anyone try to use mace against parry and magic armor, and when I asked people they tell me armor won't break nor weapons.

I never said anything about other events, CTF and DD are fine as they are with free use because it does help newbies get into a pvp-like instance and kinda learn.

However 1v1 Tournaments are not newbie events, despite happening in trammel around bank sitters like + - and RIP.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Armor and weapons, and even clothing will all lose durability normally in non-free use events.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

A bit off-topic, but...

Are there any plans to implement non-free use events other than tourneys? (LMS, DD, CTF, etc).
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Pristiq wrote:A bit off-topic, but...

Are there any plans to implement non-free use events other than tourneys? (LMS, DD, CTF, etc).
It's not to my knowledge been seriously suggested, the recommendation is usually "do aways with them"

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I think that at least potions should be removed from free-use in the remaining free-use events.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Sandro wrote:

I think that at least potions should be removed from free-use in the remaining free-use events.
In that case, remove regs too. Why just gimp one class but not the other?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

That's fine too. I don't care what you do to the tournaments, I'm always armed with full gear.

Resources aren't a problem, and really shouldn't be for any player except someone who may only be a week or so old, in which they don't really belong in the event environment anyways.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w