House bannings per account and not per character

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

House bannings per account and not per character

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Reading through the "tg killed me with archers" thread has made it clear to me that everyone here understands the impact that multiple accounts have had on this aging game. It's true, things will never be the same as they were during T2A's production run. UOSA has made it perfectly clear that it strives for mechanical accuracy, with exceptions in some instances (bless deeds come to mind). This leads me to bring up this topic.

Bannings on houses should be per character and not per account. The way I see it, if people can employ such tactics as, using archer bots, placing 15 houses, or stride through cutting singular bandages, then this should be a viable tactic as well.

If I am banned from a house, I should be able to make an additional 14 attempts at entry. I know the argument is going to be "Well the ban list is so small". In that case I simply point out to you that I could have had 3 accounts during production T2A, and I may have used them to garner more entry attempts on houses that I was banned from. I see no reason why this should not be implimented here.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House bannings per account and not per character

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If thats how it was...
but that seems really scary being you seem able to generate new characters in about the same time I need to shave again.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

In 1999 OSI moved to account banning rather than character banning.

I'll find the patch note.
New tinkering menu, pets, auto-stacking, and more. May 25 1999 9:41AM CST wrote:House bans of players will now be by account instead of by character. All current players you have in your ban lists will still be banned, but it will not automatically convert them to account bans--you will need to reban them for their whole account to be banned.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Then wheres my new tinkering menu ect?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Then wheres my new tinkering menu ect?
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... nu#p118811
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Derrick wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Then wheres my new tinkering menu ect?
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... nu#p118811
Stumbled across this:

"5-26-99

* As many have discovered UOAssist can't macro the new tinker menu. I'm looking into the changes made so an update can be made."

- http://www.tugsoft.com/Uoassist/OldNews.asp
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Faust

Post by Faust »

I am pretty sure the new tinkering menu existed on all shards when this patch hit. However, the exact look or art of that gump is unknown. The menu did have the more modern tab pages but it wasn't clear and was different than the standard version that was applied to all crafting skills later on. There is no way to actually replicate this menu without a screenshot of the original. The original menu had loads of bugs too.