Not changing the pvp system

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Rommel

Not changing the pvp system

Post by Rommel »

If you don't implement the new changes to pvp i believe secondage would be a better place kthx

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Not changing the pvp system

Post by Kaivan »

Unfortunately, Second Age isn't about what people consider "better" or "worse", it's about what's most accurate. These changes, as with any change, are part of our constant efforts to attempt to replicate T2A as closely as possible. While some people may not enjoy them, others will find the changes to be welcome and refreshing changes that bring us one step closer to the goal of UOSA.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

These changes are cool. Getting closer to T2A pvp imo.

Debuffs fizzing is going to make secondage a worse off place? How so?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It's probably not the changes to debuf fizzling that are the major issue for most people, its the change to disrupt from 100% to damage based.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Ahh, yeah that would explain a few things. I was on test for like an hour dueling a few people. Its still pretty similar but I do remember some harms not disrupting. All I see it really doing is making duels last a little longer, and maybe fireballs being using instead of harm. Whats the base dmg required for a disrupt btw?

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

The main pvp feature I care about is mount stamina or stamina over all. People should not be able to run across the map while they're redlined, its ridiculous.

I also believe, if spell timers/rule set are going to change by that much as discussed then EVERYTHING should be implemented at once. Stamina, timers, whatever changes to lower circle spells/disrupts. If all implemented at once, it will be more adaptable otherwise we'll have to keep learning how to pvp over and over again

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kylock wrote:The main pvp feature I care about is mount stamina or stamina over all. People should not be able to run across the map while they're redlined, its ridiculous.

I also believe, if spell timers/rule set are going to change by that much as discussed then EVERYTHING should be implemented at once. Stamina, timers, whatever changes to lower circle spells/disrupts. If all implemented at once, it will be more adaptable otherwise we'll have to keep learning how to pvp over and over again
I agree, and we're trying to implement as much in a group as we can. Stamina, Cast Timers, and Combat timer will likely all be implemented together

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

Hi, I just found this shard, forum and thread by chance. I've been playing another t2a shard which currently sports insipid deathmatch PVP with fast spell timers and other glaring inaccuracies. Will this server have era accurate spell timers, weapon reset timers (where you can't whiff with a halberd, unequip it and wrestle someone less than two seconds later), etc?

If so I'll gladly play here instead of that other shard, and I'm sure I could get a few of my guildmates from OSI to play here as well.

Now for the real test... if there's a :wave emoticon.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Here's some info on some of the things we have fixed, some of the things we still need to fix and the in's and out of why:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1638

sorry about the :wave :(

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Actually spells should interrupt unless they are completely resisted. Lower level spells are easier to resist. Otherwise spells should interrupt 95-99% of the time. The interruption based on damage VS magery should ONLY apply to Melee hit damage interrupting magery. Thats it

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

There is no documentation that suggest that magery is excluded from disruptions. As it stands, this mechanic stops the Harm/Magic Arrow spam that we saw here and continue to see on other freeshards. This was not how pvp was conducted during T2A, or UOR for that matter, and this is the documented solution to that particular issue.

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

Kaivan wrote:There is no documentation that suggest that magery is excluded from disruptions. As it stands, this mechanic stops the Harm/Magic Arrow spam that we saw here and continue to see on other freeshards. This was not how pvp was conducted during T2A, or UOR for that matter, and this is the documented solution to that particular issue.
I have to say I'm sold on this server now. I was shocked to see how different pvp was on other, supposedly t2a servers. I never did buy the argument that harm spam didn't happen on OSI because people weren't that smart back then. Can't wait to get to 85-90 in all my pvp skills.