Please - Never remove these from the shard.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
keuse

Please - Never remove these from the shard.

Post by keuse »

Here are a couple of things that I fell in love with on OSI that have been on servers such as IPY but were removed or modified.

Please never remove these or modify these current settings from the game as I feel they are perfect and although they are not exactly player friendly (ie: I have died several times from having no stamina from being hit by mobs) - they are the way they should be and I think as the shard continues to grow could come up as a demand to be modified.

- Stackable explosion potions
- Summonable Daemons and mobs following very fast
- Mobs can see you from far away
- You can own unlimited numbers of animals at one time.
- Mounts
- Stamina that goes down fast after each blow when you are low in HP
- Mobs do not have the the best AI
- Moongates do not give the gump.

Derrick

Re: Please - Never remove these from the shard.

Post by Derrick »

keuse wrote:Here are a couple of things that I fell in love with on OSI that have been on servers such as IPY but were removed or modified.

Please never remove these or modify these current settings from the game as I feel they are perfect and although they are not exactly player friendly (ie: I have died several times from having no stamina from being hit by mobs) - they are the way they should be and I think as the shard continues to grow could come up as a demand to be modified.

- Stackable explosion potions
- Summonable Daemons and mobs following very fast
- Mobs can see you from far away
- You can own unlimited numbers of animals at one time.
- Mounts
- Stamina that goes down fast after each blow when you are low in HP
- Mobs do not have the the best AI
- Moongates do not give the gump.
6 or 7 out of 8 of these are absoluteley authentic and will never be removed.
Mob sight distance and mob speed have been in dispute somewhat but any changes will me minors

Any suggestions like removal of mounts will always be dismissed, as this is an accurate shard.

Thanks man, I appreciate the enthusiasm for accuracy :)

Fryguy|M|

Post by Fryguy|M| »

"I want those mounts removedddd!"

Thor

Post by Thor »

Yeah, the part I like is the level advancement so my level 5 Palidin can get his special mount...

randale

Post by randale »

You have an UNLIMITED number of animals under your control?! So I could have 10 dragons with me?

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

You could, but it'd be a real pain in the ass to move around.

adamm

Post by adamm »

randale wrote:You have an UNLIMITED number of animals under your control?! So I could have 10 dragons with me?
my bro used to use dragons to pk people with at the xroads. he had 0 lore and taming, a friend of his gave them to him so i dont think these skills came into effect when determing loyalty.

if a pet became unhappy it wouldnt listen to you. i dont much else other than that but im sure the staff will find some way to balance this out without negating the unlimited animal slot. i want to have 20 polar bears and clog dungeon entrances and portals and gank people.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

I remember when the horses would buck you off and go wild if you didnt feed them....

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

LudKrud wrote:I remember when the horses would buck you off and go wild if you didnt feed them....
Really?

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Yeah,really sucked when you were in the middle of a fight and it happened.

You could retame it yourself even with 0 taming,but if you didnt keep them fed you would drop off of the horse and it would make a noise and be wild again.

randale

Post by randale »

Coffee wrote:You could, but it'd be a real pain in the ass to move around.
Remember the trick where you could trap dragons in your house with locked down items? I was thinking if I could have 7 or 8 drags, or more, could I solo ancients wyrms, or pretty much any creature, since they can't be dispelled.

randale

Post by randale »

adamm wrote:
randale wrote:You have an UNLIMITED number of animals under your control?! So I could have 10 dragons with me?
my bro used to use dragons to pk people with at the xroads. he had 0 lore and taming, a friend of his gave them to him so i dont think these skills came into effect when determing loyalty.

if a pet became unhappy it wouldnt listen to you. i dont much else other than that but im sure the staff will find some way to balance this out without negating the unlimited animal slot. i want to have 20 polar bears and clog dungeon entrances and portals and gank people.
Couldn't you keep the pet happy just by feeding it regularly?