New Forum Area

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
benny-

New Forum Area

Post by benny- »

Just a little idea Ive had....What if we were to put up a section on the forums for questions regarding the shard and gameplay? I know myself Ive had quite a few about the shard but didnt really know where to put em. The area could easily be maintained by players, ( I always liked having players help players as opposed to bothering staff =P) and could deal with any number of questions about gameplay, pvp tips, character builds,etc....could be real useful for both veteran UO players and newbs alike....on that note, maybe we could make it pretty newb-friendly...ie: keep it civil so as to not discourage new players.

Dunno, I thought it'd be a good way to get info on the shard and help new players to stay. Thoughts?
- Elisud

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New Forum Area

Post by BlackFoot »

most of those are all covered under the 'discussion area' of the forum discussion -> secondage discussion, best to post em in there
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

benny-

Post by benny- »

yeah the general area works, but personally I hate bogging down the area with endless questions, dunno...thought an area dedicated to new players with specific questions would be nice
- Elisud

venox

Post by venox »

not a bad idea.
also dont forget to check the wiki some info, and if its not there request it!

kurai shinzou

Post by kurai shinzou »

I totally agree. I originally played for three months on Chesapeake back when I was seven. Ten years later, I guarantee you I've forgotten almost everything. I'm still a total n00b, but that doesn't mean I want to feel like one.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The Second Age Discussion thread really is meant to be exactly what you suggest. I do agree that we might need some more forum areas to get Discussion cleared out some. I'm thinking about a "Tales of Adventure" area soon.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Also, I'd say that part of what I do here is to try and answer questions, and explain why certain things are the way they are.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org