SHOULD EVENTS BE REMOVED OR LIMITED

Topics related to Second Age

Should events be limited or removed?

Yes, remove all events and all tournaments.
33%
Yes, remove all events but some tournaments on the weekends.
No votes
Yes, reduce the amount of events and tournaments per week.
19%
No, I enjoy the current system of events and tournaments.
48%

Total votes: 69

Sandro

Re: SHOULD EVENTS BE REMOVED OR LIMITED

Post by Sandro »

How about keeping a schedule for events but removing the ability to look up the time it will take place.

That will at least force people to be online and looking at the screen to catch an active event.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

I vote we remove guards for a month and see how it boils out. Discuss..
-cr3w-

Arkah

Post by Arkah »

the UO herold event announcment page (where PvP tournaments, weddings, crafter competitions, crissonings etc were listed by shard) was the old way to look up events, whichw ere player planned and hsoted, but recieved aid from a GM for setting it up.
---
The above is my own opinion
Below is someone elses, or the next chapter

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Arkah wrote:the UO herold event announcment page (where PvP tournaments, weddings, crafter competitions, crissonings etc were listed by shard) was the old way to look up events, whichw ere player planned and hsoted, but recieved aid from a GM for setting it up.
Would be nice to have a section on the front of website for current events right under "screenshot of the day".

Link to posts in forum ect.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

that is there already (or are you being sarcastic)
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Sandro wrote:How about keeping a schedule for events but removing the ability to look up the time it will take place.

That will at least force people to be online and looking at the screen to catch an active event.
Best solution I've heard so far.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Arkah

Post by Arkah »

blackfoot: was not aware
---

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I offered this small example in a similar thread. This is regarding field pvp

My day With events:
I am in my house organizing some items. I sell some items to the npcs and do a treasure map. EVENT GATES HAVE OPENED!! I log off my tmap hunter house organizer, onto a pvp char and go play the event for twenty minutes. I log off my pvper and back to organizing my house.

My day without events:
I am in my house organizing some items. I sell some items to the npcs and do a treasure map.

Neither of these options are going to see an increase in field pvp from me.
A lot of players play the game this way.

I can see how for that twenty minutes players are unable to grief my during my day, but it will not increase field pvp.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

BlackFoot wrote:I offered this small example in a similar thread. This is regarding field pvp

My day With events:
I am in my house organizing some items. I sell some items to the npcs and do a treasure map. EVENT GATES HAVE OPENED!! I log off my tmap hunter house organizer, onto a pvp char and go play the event for twenty minutes. I log off my pvper and back to organizing my house.

My day without events:
I am in my house organizing some items. I sell some items to the npcs and do a treasure map.

Neither of these options are going to see an increase in field pvp from me.
A lot of players play the game this way.

I can see how for that twenty minutes players are unable to grief my during my day, but it will not increase field pvp.
The map might land you in some trouble if a pk is nearby though.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

aye definitely, that 20 minutes i am in the event i cannot be pked or griefed unfortunately for them :<
however it wont increase me logging on my pvp character and trying to find leet pvp

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Events take hours and hours. Yesterday a 1v1 duel and 1v1 magics took over 2 hours. Some nights theres 3-4 tourneys in a row, mine as well just log off and wait. Oh wait thats what people are doing who only play events, I guess it goes both ways. Yah events are real good for shard pvp.

Arkah

Post by Arkah »

i typically dont joint he envent for my own reason.

Last night i did a CTF because a friend wanted to.

I saw 3 dexxers and the rest were mages, Hally flashin on them every now and again.

Then i got to thinking, do regs never run out in events? Do hally mages beat every other class hands down? I dont know because i dont have a hally mage, and don't want one. so the one thing i did decide was this CTF was exactly the same as the other one i did when i first arrived, and after the first few minuites i was bored, and stood int he back watchign TV until it was over.

So i dotn do events, i stand at the bank or hunt deer instead (which is a excellent way to make money with tracking)
---

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Warriors are fine in CTF and pot tourneys cause you can use potions.

However, a warrior with a GM weap vs a mage....well let's say the mage has more damage output faster. That's UO though, since 1998 lol.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Vlastslav wrote:Events take hours and hours. Yesterday a 1v1 duel and 1v1 magics took over 2 hours. Some nights theres 3-4 tourneys in a row, mine as well just log off and wait. Oh wait thats what people are doing who only play events, I guess it goes both ways. Yah events are real good for shard pvp.

Bull

Shit

Not once have I seen a tourney go for over an hour

Vlast, for someone so concerned about shard PvP (fielding). Ganking random people, hiding archer bots in your town.. I mean.. never have I seen such a huge hypocrite. There would be 8x more action in your own town if we didn't have to worry about you guys running to your tower EVERY TIME you get low, and it happens... EVERY TIME. Why you're complaining about events, I have no idea.

I thought it was really cute though when you said you were going to destroy the magics 1v1, and got RAPED.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Cataclyst wrote:
Vlastslav wrote:Events take hours and hours. Yesterday a 1v1 duel and 1v1 magics took over 2 hours. Some nights theres 3-4 tourneys in a row, mine as well just log off and wait. Oh wait thats what people are doing who only play events, I guess it goes both ways. Yah events are real good for shard pvp.

Bull

Shit

Not once have I seen a tourney go for over an hour

Vlast, for someone so concerned about shard PvP (fielding). Ganking random people, hiding archer bots in your town.. I mean.. never have I seen such a huge hypocrite. There would be 8x more action in your own town if we didn't have to worry about you guys running to your tower EVERY TIME you get low, and it happens... EVERY TIME. Why you're complaining about events, I have no idea.

I thought it was really cute though when you said you were going to destroy the magics 1v1, and got RAPED.
I have to agree with him. By the time everyone takes 15 minutes to set up, wait's around for about 10 minutes after for it to start, participates in the event, 30 minutes at least for tourneys, 15 or so for CTF's, loiters around afterwards for about 5 minutes, a good hour has passed.

But then wait...
"Another freaking event will begin after the one that is currently in progress!!!"