Unable to move - character location out of synch?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mortigan

Unable to move - character location out of synch?

Post by Mortigan »

REPORTED ISSUE: Running around, becoming stuck and unable to move, apparently because my character's tile location is out of synch with the server

ISSUE DETAILS: I'm running around from one place to another, avoiding obstacles. At least 8 or 9 times in the past day my character becomes stuck. When I dismount off my horse, my horse appears on a tile different than the one I'm on. I cannot move in any direction. This leads me to believe that somehow my client and the server have different opinions about which tile my character occupies.. lol.

There IS a workaround I found, playing a razor macro that has a MOVE command in it resynchs my character with the server.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Woods of moonglow, and city of jhelom

STEPS TO RECREATE: I can't make it happen on command, other than the fact it happens at random times when I'm moving.

EXPECTED RESULTS:

DATE REPORTED: Feb 19, 2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Germ

Re: Unable to move - character location out of synch?

Post by Germ »

There is a Resync client under misc. hotkeys in Razor. This may fix your problem.

Germ

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

I've had this happen before too. It happened when I kept running in and out of moongates, and another time when I did a stealth macro. I fixed it by closing uo and razor and restarting. Did not know about resynching. =)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you don't have a resync macro, and there is no time to look for it in razor, just cast teleport.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

The thing that really erks me is that at times you dont even know that you are out of sync. So you will only find out when timing is essential.

My suggestion would be make a hot-key for re-sync and make it something that is accessable.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Im constantly re-syncing before I do anything important.