Kryss VS Katana which was faster?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Which was faster Kryss or Katana

Kryss was faster!
74%
Katana was faster!
26%

Total votes: 23

Zim

Kryss VS Katana which was faster?

Post by Zim »

There seems to be a lot of debate on the accuracy of the katana speed, so lets ask the shard. What do you think? I know this isn't an accurate way to determine but most people including myself remember the kryss being the fastest one hander.

venox

Re: Kryss VS Katana which was faster?

Post by venox »

just to keep those who dont know upto date, previous forum this has been discussed in...
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 3&start=30

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I read through the other discussion. I remember krysses as being definitely faster also...

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Thats a tough one, at one point in this era the katana was faster then later the kryss became faster. Or that might of been vice versa, it all depends on what patch/date they have weapons set for.
I wanna say katana should be a little slower but do a little more damage per hit

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

According to archived stratics data, the katana is a faster, and more reliable weapon with a 5-26 damage range and 58 base speed, while the kryss is a more varied weapon with higher max and lower min damage with a 3-28 damage range and a base speed of 53. This information is likely to be fairly accurate as other combat related information was updated when it was changed, including the change to Anatomy in 2001, and the changes to base armor ratings and dexterity loss that were added with UOR.

While it may seem like the katana being the faster weapon dosen't make much sense, keep in mind that fencing weapons as a whole (both 1 handed and two handed) are much faster than swords weapons as a whole.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Ebolter

Post by Ebolter »

Kats were always faster but not as much damage as the Kryss, when they put in GM made weapons the Katana was better in damage and the Kryss went to the wayside? don't know ,they nerfed the whole fencing thing shortly before the GM made weapons if I remember right.

Purge

Post by Purge »

Katana was faster, had higher min. dmg but lower max dmg

Kryss was slightly slower, just BARELY but had a higher max dmg

100% positive on this

benny-

Post by benny- »

Perhaps people back in the day just assumed the kryss was the faster as fencing weps were generally faster than swords...I remember krysses and daggers being fast and I thought for sure that they were faster than kats, but then I didnt have access to the numbers, my Second Age Playguide with "Fast" and "Very Fast" was the only documentation I had =D....but honestly who really knew all the details of the game back then? Personally, Im fine with kats being faster even if its not how I remembered it, mainly because the only documentation we have suggests that....until we have proof, I wouldnt suggest changing anything based on "Well I thought 10 yrs ago that..." =P
- Elisud

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

If you fence just use a warfork for one-hander. They are nasty.

Krug'gruk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Krug'gruk »

Prurk wrote:If you fence just use a warfork for one-hander. They are nasty.
Agreed