SHOULD EVENTS BE REMOVED OR LIMITED

Topics related to Second Age

Should events be limited or removed?

Yes, remove all events and all tournaments.
33%
Yes, remove all events but some tournaments on the weekends.
No votes
Yes, reduce the amount of events and tournaments per week.
19%
No, I enjoy the current system of events and tournaments.
48%

Total votes: 69

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: SHOULD EVENTS BE REMOVED OR LIMITED

Post by BlackFoot »

LifeForce wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:There are plenty of events players can get trophys without having to l33t pvp. Although being good at the non pvp events increaes your odds of success just the same as being good at pvp events increases your odds of scuccess.
dunno why i should need to enter any event for some ezy trophy moniez at all... once again: let events be for fun and fun only...

you are into pixels, you wouldn't like this change it. i understand that.
I argued from the other side of this coin about a year ago. Then I saw what actually happened as a result when they were removed. After seeing the actual non hypothetical result I admitted I was very wrong. Its not about pixels as I also argued heavily against the system but then accepted it and now take full advantage of the rewards you get from simply going to some town invasions.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

RazitalJiminez

Post by RazitalJiminez »

Strive for 100% accuracy like this server is founded on and none of these issues would need such a long forum discussion.

Server events should be very very very rare if at all, and should be for recrational use only, not for rewards and points and exclusive items or tourney points or however the dumb system works.

100% accuracy should be the goal in mind, and events are the foundation of why all these automated events destroy what defines Ultima Online, and that is field PVP.

Not only these events, but multi clienting archer bots and ghosts definitely destroys PVP as well, and not to mention the 15 houses everyone owns so new players are forced to purchase from the wealthy class making them richer, and the poorer poorer.

My 2 cents of rambling since this server foundation is on 100% accuracy but only follows what it picks & chooses :\

Stop worrying about all the opinions of those who want anything other than 100% accuracy and just follow your heart of T2A.

The player base will still be strong and if the server would of never gave in to these kind of non-accurate things there wouldn't be such a big deal removing them to ensure accuracy.

Seriously I am done now but I think I used the word accuracy like 14 times.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

RazitalJiminez wrote:Strive for 100% accuracy like this server is founded on and none of these issues would need such a long forum discussion.
So you would like all the bugs back too?
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

You misunderstand the way 'accuracy' is used to describe uosa's goals. It is used to imply 'mechanical' accuracy. Administrative policies do not fall under that umbrella.
Administration has said many times social engineering of the game is not the goal.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

BlackFoot wrote:You misunderstand the way 'accuracy' is used to describe uosa's goals. It is used to imply 'mechanical' accuracy. Administrative policies do not fall under that umbrella.
Administration has said many times social engineering of the game is not the goal.
Automated scheduled events could easily fall under social engineering :p

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

lol so are the non automated events. and the holiday gifts.

benny-

Post by benny- »

RazitalJiminez wrote:Strive for 100% accuracy like this server is founded on and none of these issues would need such a long forum discussion.
BlackFoot wrote:You misunderstand the way 'accuracy' is used to describe uosa's goals. It is used to imply 'mechanical' accuracy. Administrative policies do not fall under that umbrella.

We've heard the argument before on every topic of features of UOSA that are inaccurate. Multiclienting, afk macroing, ghosting, archerbots, events...the response is always that Secondage only replicates the technical aspect of the era and that any other change would be "social engineering".

It's obvious that the events here are nothing like the era. That they've only been implemented to appeal to freeshard players. And now they're being argued as if they're actually accurate.

Quit trying to define what can fall under the categories of a mechanics issue or what can qualify as social engineering and focus on making the server like the era.
- Elisud

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I have to agree with Benny, although I think events is a minor accuracy issue in comparison to multiple clients, accounts and encouraged afk macroing.

AFK macroing with multiple clients takes a hundred times more away from this shard than events do and you can't even discuss it because people aren't interested in playing this era anymore.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

should we mandate players with shiny objects also be forced to sit on brit bank for long periods of time ,
or force people to play in other various ways to behave as players did 10 yrs ago?
Trying to replicate the 'feeling' of t2a is a very different project than replicating the mechanics.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

BlackFoot wrote:should we mandate players with shiny objects also be forced to sit on brit bank for long periods of time ,
or force people to play in other various ways to behave as players did 10 yrs ago?
Trying to replicate the 'feeling' of t2a is a very different project than replicating the mechanics.
There is a difference between not doing something and doing something. Custom automated events are doing something, it's completely irrelevant from the "social engineering" argument.

I personally love the events, however their basis for accuracy is poor at best. Picking and choosing. Imagine events were removed, multiclienting was removed (or limited to two), multiple clients removed, Razor features limited... there would be an uproar of "Shit real t2a isn't fun, let me do it afk and log on for events!!".

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

lol, I dont really afk macro, or use multiple accounts. Most the people I play with dont either. Its a power gamers ideology.

i wonder what the landscape here will look 3 years from now.

I have been continuing to write up ideas for events that take place in the 'real world'. Perhaps these automated 'trammel' stryle events will eventually all be replaced by automated events in the real landscape.

stygia

Post by stygia »

I am curious how automated events and multi-clients fall under social engineering?

Please explain.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Multi clienting was era accurate. Players used multiple accounts simultaneously to play uo. The only reason to stop people from using multiple accounts on UOSA would be to change the way the interact with other players in the game.

stygia

Post by stygia »

Multi-Clients where only used with another computer as far as I remember. Even then having it run on autopilot would get you jailed if not banned. I could be wrong, as I didn't play much of OSI.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

it was a program called multiuo
helped a lot for stuff like macroing healing aon a ghost or sparring with uoloop doing bandages