protect spells

Topics related to Second Age
alatar

protect spells

Post by alatar »

Reactive Armor
Magic Reflect
Protection

Could someone list a brief description of how they work in t2a. They're a bit different from what I remember in UO:R..

Deano

Re: protect spells

Post by Deano »

Here we go, straight out of T2A playguide:
alatar wrote:Reactive Armor
Reflects a small amount of damage from bladed/blunt weapons back on the attacker. Doesn't work for magic or arrows.
Magic Reflect
Reflects the next spell cast on the person who receives it.
Protection
Increases your ability to resist magic/physical blows.
Could someone list a brief description of how they work in t2a. They're a bit different from what I remember in UO:R..
Don't think they were changed for UO:R. They did change COMPLETELY with Age of Shadows however.
Deano

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Reactive Armor, All but completely nulls the damage taken from a physical blow - including arrows, only last a small number of hits, but can be re-casted immediately after it wears off.

Magic Reflect, Reflects all magic attacks back at the person who casted on you, Will only reflect one magic attack before wearing off, can be immediately re-casted after wearing off.
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Protection gives you some AR protection, the amount is based on your magery skill. It does not effect meditation rate. Arch-Protection is a targetable version of protection that effects everyone in the immediate area of the target.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Ok so how long does reactive armor last? Is it onyl for 1 hit like reflect, or is it still duration/damage based.. Protection is supposed to allow you to not be disrupted on spells, not anything to do with armor rating.. If that is how it was in t2a then the pvp here will be rather boring

alatar

Post by alatar »

This is how I remember these spells working, for as long as I can remember.. (t2a was like 9 years ago, so..)

Reactive Armor: Reflects back a small portion of physical damage to the attacker. (Any weapon, even bows at melee range)
- Duration was permanent, or untill it was broken.

Protection: Imbued the character with a 25% chance (50% when scribe bonus came out) to avoid being disrupted even if you were damaged while casting a spell.
- Duration was about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes, could not be broken.

Reflect: Gave you +7 to your reflect attribute (Staff know what im talking about) Each spell casted on you would lower that # by the circle of that spell, down untill 0.. (a direct 7th spell would neutralize it first spell)
- Duration was permanent, or untill it was broken.

Now I know Reflect may of been altered back then, but i'd say im fairly accurate on the other two, especially Protection, as I never used any buff aside from Protect..

Feedback plz

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

sounds familiar to me, but i am not sure if that was UOR or T2A.
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.