Unique Staff-Made Items for Player-Run Events

Topics related to Second Age
SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unique Staff-Made Items for Player-Run Events

Post by SJane3384 »

Luca|Blight wrote: Foxtrot is legitimately selling this item. He wants to sell it so he has gold to purchase a special hair dye (value of 250-500k).
My own chat log:

[19:35] <SJane> have you tried selling your alch trophy?
[19:35] <SJane> well I mean did you advertise it?
[19:35] <SJane> like in trade channel?
[19:35] <Foxtrot> i jokingly said it in main channel
[19:36] <SJane> I think Luca is using it out of context
[19:36] <Foxtrot> what did he say?
[19:36] <SJane> http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 4&start=60
[19:36] <SJane> last post
[19:40] <Foxtrot> the other part where i said 7-8 people was in a PM between us
[19:40] <Foxtrot> he also took that out of context

Fox, I don't specifically remember the specific number in the fletching event. But I do remember there being around 10 people there, and looking back at my pics, I'm pretty sure only two (myself and the orc dude) didn't compete.

And Krypto, I haven't ONCE participated in one of these. So I'm not trying to defend my attaining the items. Also, the automated events are AUTOMATED, so not being special and all they shouldn't get special prizes. Plus, Blackfoot ON A REGULAR basis hands out his own stuff. So this shouldn't be what you guys are making it. It is a one time series of events. This type of thing rarely happens (prove otherwise and I will apologize). The unique rares Nevermore was talking about are birthday cakes, Christmas gifts, etc.

Now, unless I am proven wrong about frequency (with very specific dates/times/pictures or specific admission of # of events from GMs), I'm done posting here. It's going in circles. I stand by my previous statement:

STFU or GTFO.

The end.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptokuddlelite »

SJane3384 wrote: ...the automated events are AUTOMATED, so not being special and all they shouldn't get special prizes.

i say silver for "player assisted run events" read it ....same as automated...nobodys shit is more important as anybody elses especially due to staff making the reward item...we need to use our trophy system...period

Kryptokuddlelite wrote:....if u have to have staff create items..make it silver so we can use our trophy system that goes against the t2a era accuracy...i like our trophy system..but it is already not era accurate...please stop staff from making special items for player run events..its just not right for this shard..automated events get silver...player run event w staff assistance gets silver...same in same out...

..its the same as a trophy for winning a tourney except...ITS A PLAYER RUN EVENT :)...i just hope that they make sense of all this and do the right thing for UOSA
Image]

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

SJane3384 wrote:
Luca|Blight wrote: Foxtrot is legitimately selling this item. He wants to sell it so he has gold to purchase a special hair dye (value of 250-500k).
My own chat log:

Fox, I don't specifically remember the specific number in the fletching event. But I do remember there being around 10 people there, and looking back at my pics, I'm pretty sure only two (myself and the orc dude) didn't compete.

And Krypto, I haven't ONCE participated in one of these. So I'm not trying to defend my attaining the items. Also, the automated events are AUTOMATED, so not being special and all they shouldn't get special prizes. Plus, Blackfoot ON A REGULAR basis hands out his own stuff. So this shouldn't be what you guys are making it. It is a one time series of events. This type of thing rarely happens (prove otherwise and I will apologize). The unique rares Nevermore was talking about are birthday cakes, Christmas gifts, etc.

Now, unless I am proven wrong about frequency (with very specific dates/times/pictures or specific admission of # of events from GMs), I'm done posting here. It's going in circles. I stand by my previous statement:

STFU or GTFO.

The end.
[19:48] <Foxtrot> i would probably sell it for a hair dye
[19:48] <Foxtrot> and some money
[19:48] <Foxtrot> that shit is way more rare than a hair dye is

He's not actively trying to sell it, but he WOULD, this shows the VALUE of these items. Stop trying to twist things around. Even the GM that made these items thinks it was too many too often looking back on it. All I'm trying to say, is make staff events the events where you get these special items, and keep player/guild run events to player obtained items/gold. And if Blackfoot want's to continue doing this, to become a staff member. There's no greed, jealousy, hating, or anything going on here. I'm simply trying to keep things legit. I think crafter events are great for the shard, that's not the issue here.

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Luca|Blight wrote:
SJane3384 wrote:
My own chat log:

STFU or GTFO.

The end.

He's not actively trying to sell it, but he WOULD, this shows the VALUE of these items. Stop trying to twist things around. Even the GM that made these items thinks it was too many too often looking back on it. All I'm trying to say, is make staff events the events where you get these special items, and keep player/guild run events to player obtained items/gold. And if Blackfoot want's to continue doing this, to become a staff member. There's no greed, jealousy, hating, or anything going on here. I'm simply trying to keep things legit. I think crafter events are great for the shard, that's not the issue here.
2nd that Luca
Image]

Pro

Post by Pro »

LETS ALL MAKE A BIG DEAL OVER FUCK ALL.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I'd just like the point out that even from the very first post of this thread luca has been editing chat logs and using them out of context to make the other person look bad.

Also he's got a grudge against me for circumventing our one holiday item per account limit we had on Christmas gifts, and getting the extra ones he got illegally away. (Even though I had stated many times that doing so could result in a ban).

But he's only making a stink for 'the good of the shard'
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Pat

Post by Pat »

This is actual concern.

Any of the posts that are supposedly "out of context" still make the same point intended when the whole conversation is posted.

^^To me this just appears to be another attempt at derailing this thread from the actual topic.^^

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Pat wrote:This is actual concern.

Any of the posts that are supposedly "out of context" still make the same point intended when the whole conversation is posted.

Get ready guys I'm about to call another player stupid.

A single of someone saying "Selling my rare from this event!" definitely does NOT make the same point if the rest of the quote reveals he was joking. Probably trying to make light of this absolutely ridiculous situation.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

nobody care to look into the real issue. Its not about one person being trusthworthy. If you go on a bias of trustworthyness....then u still will have the same thing you have now. Its about players being given items by staff in the past that "justifies" it. Those items staff gave away were for helping fix bugs and exploits..NOT FOR WINNING A CRAFTING EVENT THAT A 50/50 NEW CHAR CAN WIN....I mean cmon even the staff member who created these items for this event said that he shouldve looked into this more and realized what was going on. The simpleness of this is so amazing to me, yet only a few people can see this. Nevermore say what u want about Luca, but that still doesnt hide the fact that you cant select a group of people who are able to obtain these items to give away as THEIR reward for the said event, based on their game play style?...Maybe people like yourself dont have the time to put into it like Blackfoot can, yet are able to meet you or any staff members "trustworthyness" its so simple player run events = player created rewards

staff created events = staff created rewards USE OUR SILVER IF U MUST HAVE ASSISTANCE FOR YOUR REWARDS ON YOUR EVENT!!!!!!!! promote what we have on UOSA ...stop trying to create something that was not even close to t2a.....No one single person held events and gave out over 20 staff created items to players...i guarantee that never happend
Image]

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

and even if it did happen..u tryin to replicate what hurt osi at this period in time that we are gaming in
Image]

Luca|Blight

Post by Luca|Blight »

Nevermore wrote:I'd just like the point out that even from the very first post of this thread luca has been editing chat logs and using them out of context to make the other person look bad.

Also he's got a grudge against me for circumventing our one holiday item per account limit we had on Christmas gifts, and getting the extra ones he got illegally away. (Even though I had stated many times that doing so could result in a ban).

But he's only making a stink for 'the good of the shard'
Excuse me, Nevermore? What is with the personal attack and blatant lie from a staff member on me? You must have me confused with someone else, because I was the one in IRC calling out people who were using multiple accounts to get extra holiday gifts. Infact, i traded 1 of my 3 holiday tickets with YOU. I have not taken ANY IRC conversations out of context whatsoever, please show me where this has happaned. I have not insulted anyone in this thread, I am discussing an issue and you are being straight up rude and literally making up lies about me now? To be honest you were never a major person involved in this whole item thing to begin with, you just happened to be the mod in the chatroom at the time, and instead of any useful discussion, you called people obnoxious and literally started harassing them. Is this really proper for a staff member?

I also specifically asked Foxtrot for his persmission to post this chat log:
Last edited by Luca|Blight on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pat

Post by Pat »

Nevermore wrote:
Pat wrote:This is actual concern.

Get ready guys I'm about to call another player stupid.

A single of someone saying "Selling my rare from this event!" definitely does NOT make the same point if the rest of the quote reveals he was joking. Probably trying to make light of this absolutely ridiculous situation.
We already know that you have no respect for the players, we saw you join in the bashing of another player on IRC today.

Luca|Blight wrote:
SJane3384 wrote:
My own chat log:

STFU or GTFO.

The end.

I guess you "forgot" to read that part too.

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Luca|Blight wrote:

Excuse me, Nevermore? What is with the personal attack and blatant lie from a staff member on me? You must have me confused with someone else, because I was the one in IRC calling out people who were using multiple accounts to get extra holiday gifts. Infact, i traded 1 of my 3 holiday tickets with YOU. I have not taken ANY IRC conversations out of context whatsoever, please show me where this has happaned. I have not insulted anyone in this thread, I am discussing an issue and you are being straight up rude and literally making up lies about me now? To be honest you were never a major person involved in this whole item thing to begin with, you just happened to be the mod in the chatroom at the time, and instead of any useful discussion, you called people obnoxious and literally started harassing them. Is this really proper for a staff member?'

this is the whole point behind my post... yet people choose not to see whats really happening.
Image]

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Simple solution to all of this...Ban Blackfoot, condemn all his properties, along with Luca and kick Nervermore for evermore. Then we all wait for Blackfoots houses to drop and loot the shit!

That is my solution to all of this.

Thanks You.
Galendae

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I don't know what else to say other than someone bring the chat log....this is rediculous for someone to still be banned for this issue...especially when a staff created a HUGE stink about this...i have seen the irc chat room FULL of negative things from racial slurs to sexual this and that, personal slams, and everything else. I have never seen any staff member mute a chat room, and i know myself have said much worse things then what i guess i said then. I think nevermore shouldve chilled the fuck out and maybe it wouldve made the ones with questions alittle less "inquisitive" ..ya know shit maybe even at least not to attack players personally that sorta thing is just ignorant and is a representation of Derrick and UOSA

<Nevermore> Or maybe I'm busy talking to people who are more coherant than yourself?
<Nevermore> You're dumb.
<Nevermore> Yeah
<Nevermore> I called you a name
<Nevermore> and two, you're dumb
<Nevermore> You're really stupid.
<Nevermore> You know that, right?
<Nevermore> I'm sorry that you're stupid.
<Nevermore> Okay, here's the deal
<Nevermore> I'm going to ban you from IRC
<Krypto> reason??
<Nevermore> Harassment.
Image]