Custom clothing/armor/wep vendors? era accurate?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ehafh

Custom clothing/armor/wep vendors? era accurate?

Post by ehafh »

i don't remember seeing these types of vendors back in the day.
can anyone verify if they are era accurate?

if they are not era accurate, i'd like to see them removed.

these detract from my vendor location because mine is not neon colored with glowing weapons.
it was one of the first inconsistencies that stuck out to me when i joined here.
running around i would see daemon bone npc's with a glacial staff or neon green clothing,
then normal vendors. they simply don't fit in my opinion.

as it is, those old vendors serve nothing more than vanity / status symbol. :roll:

the system changed, they should get a bland vendor as well. or let us all customize our npc.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Krats

Re: Custom clothing/armor/wep vendors? era accurate?

Post by Krats »

the ability has been removed, the vendors are grandfathered in
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There are far fewer of these now then than were when we removed that ability to dress vendors. In time I suspect the reminder will dissipate as well.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:There are far fewer of these now then than were when we removed that ability to dress vendors. In time I suspect the reminder will dissipate as well.
I personally think the clothing should be reset on these vendors and the current equipment moved to the vendor in a bag "not for sale". I know this would take a bit of work... but these vendors look very tacky and not era accurate at all. It's just another thing that detracts from the feel of the era. Deamon bone armor and glacial staves, for example, were not even in-era - we don't need them paraded around on vendors :|
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

nightshark wrote:I personally think the clothing should be reset on these vendors
Why?

You cant custom vendors anymore all the ones that exist will be gone one day.

If we reset custom vendors why not remove pre-trophy neon sandals?
Remove all prepatch items like oil cloth etc?

Maybe remove the giant neon hued CTF`s hosted in a custom area of the game?
Seems like a little more of an accuracy issue than a vendor with a dyed shirt.

No real reason to grief players who have been dumping tons of gold into these things.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:
nightshark wrote:I personally think the clothing should be reset on these vendors
Why?

You cant custom vendors anymore all the ones that exist will be gone one day.

If we reset custom vendors why not remove pre-trophy neon sandals?
Remove all prepatch items like oil cloth etc?

Maybe remove the giant neon hued CTF`s hosted in a custom area of the game?
Seems like a little more of an accuracy issue than a vendor with a dyed shirt.

No real reason to grief players who have been dumping tons of gold into these things.
I already stated the reason. Did you actually read the whole post, or stop after that half-sentence? What makes you think they'll all be gone some day? If the owners decide to keep them there, they'll stay.

The tacky looking vendors were one of the first things I noticed when I started playing UOSA.

Events are a complete different story.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Most of the player shops that have these vendors are, obviously, some of the server vets., but they also tend to be the most well-stocked vendors available. I understand grandfathering certain things to not upset server vets. but I frequent these shops a lot, namely ones between Yew bank and the moon gate, and it makes for a very inaccurate landscape. Might as well throw in neon colored clothing items for players and non-accurate housing, add some samurai crap to go with the shiny vendors, kill all the trees, swamp it up, etc.

I'd shop elsewhere, but being as these shops are owned by people willing to actually stock their vendors I feel compelled to buy things to encourage player shops rather than making my own 7x GM crafter. Imo, if we want an accurate server, that means accurate landscaping, which also means reverting some shiny things.