intelegence

Topics related to Second Age
dagoroth

intelegence

Post by dagoroth »

what is the fastest way to raise intelegence?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: intelegence

Post by Hicha »

dagoroth wrote:what is the fastest way to raise intelegence?
School my friend, school.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

dagoroth wrote:what is the fastest way to raise intelegence?
Novel situations are a good way to gain intelligence.

They are also a good way to gauge your intelligence against others.

The quicker and more accurately you solve a problem you have not encountered before the more intelligent you are.

However, in Ultima Online I suggest reading the guide area of the board.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Buy your skills up to 700 real, being sure not to purchase snooping or camping. Make sure they(camping and snooping) are set at zero. If you just want INT, lock your other stats down, and INT up.

after that, lock all skills except camping one other skill you can drop by 10 points. Then gather a bunch of kindling. Macro double clicking the kindling, which will begin to raise your camping while droping one skill by 10 points.

Use this until around 10 real skill in camping then point it down,point snooping up, and lock the skill that you droped for the 10 camping skill.

Now, you should have 10 camping, 0 snooping. Begin macroing snooping someone. This should drop camping quickly back down to zero. Now point snooping back down and camping back up.

Rinse.Repeat.

Just keep "seesawing" both camping and snooping, and youll have your 100 INT in no time.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Buy your skills up to 700 real, being sure not to purchase snooping or camping. Make sure they(camping and snooping) are set at zero. If you just want INT, lock your other stats down, and INT up.

after that, lock all skills except camping one other skill you can drop by 10 points. Then gather a bunch of kindling. Macro double clicking the kindling, which will begin to raise your camping while droping one skill by 10 points.

Use this until around 10 real skill in camping then point it down,point snooping up, and lock the skill that you droped for the 10 camping skill.

Now, you should have 10 camping, 0 snooping. Begin macroing snooping someone. This should drop camping quickly back down to zero. Now point snooping back down and camping back up.

Rinse.Repeat.

Just keep "seesawing" both camping and snooping, and youll have your 100 INT in no time.
afaik you dont even have to see saw. if you are at the cap and ALL skills are locked, you can just put camping on up, spam doubleclick kindling and your stats will fly up while camping remains at 0. maybe someone can confirm this

though while making characters, always start with the int you want, or if you want 100 start with 60. you can macro 100 str or 100 dex in just 2-3 hours with herding/snoop. after doing herding your int should be like 70 and you will get to 100 in no time just by macroing magery/resist/med
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Im pretty sure you don't gain stats without gaining skill. That's why you keep the skills low,so you can gain skill quicker therefore gaining stats quicker.

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

Nobody else thought it was funny that he misspelled intelligence?
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Im pretty sure you don't gain stats without gaining skill. That's why you keep the skills low,so you can gain skill quicker therefore gaining stats quicker.
That was the case on OSI UO:R, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can gain stats without actually gaining skill here. Haven't tested it because it's pretty much pointless when you can get easily any stat to 100 without even getting to the skill cap.

If you can't gain stat without gaining skill, it's impossible to move your stats when you reach 7x without dropping something first
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

lownslowneon

Post by lownslowneon »

Rendar wrote:Nobody else thought it was funny that he misspelled intelligence?
Not funny enough to mention it.. nah

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

nightshark wrote:
Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Im pretty sure you don't gain stats without gaining skill. That's why you keep the skills low,so you can gain skill quicker therefore gaining stats quicker.
That was the case on OSI UO:R, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can gain stats without actually gaining skill here. Haven't tested it because it's pretty much pointless when you can get easily any stat to 100 without even getting to the skill cap.

If you can't gain stat without gaining skill, it's impossible to move your stats when you reach 7x without dropping something first
Looks like your right, nightshark.

This is from '09 but I doubt it's changed since then.
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... w=previous

Seems you don't need to gain skill to gain stat, but is there any difference in speed of stat gain between the two methods?

punk

Post by punk »

You can indeed gain stats without gaining skills.

Just set the skill you want the corresponding stat gain for up while all other skills are locked and go to town.

I adjusted both my tank mage's dexterity without dropping any skills ever. Both remained 7x GM and I altered my stats 10 points in a matter of 5 minutes.
Erik [Hu]