#SecondAge channel IRC Rules:
- No backseat moderating.
(unless you are wearing this hat IRL and can provide a photo of yourself wearing the hat, with your IRC moderation instructions visible in the photo)*just kidding, you may not do this even with the hat on.
- Absolutely no flaming and bashing of other users in the channel. This is what #uosecondagetears is for, as well as private messaging, your own channel, and the trash talk forums.
- No excessive profanity, this is at the discretion of a channel operator
- No racism, religion, drugs, or political discussion
- Stay on topic. Discussion on things other then UO, should not be at the expense of new users who are trying to get a question answered.
- User bans are not open to discussion in #secondage
- The use of this channel is a privilege, we have other channels, specifically #secondagetears or any other channel you want to make where you can say whatever you want.
- Please contact the #secondage staff if you believe your removal from the channel was unjust.
The staff of #SecondAge reserve the right to modify the following set of rules without prior warning, explanation or justification. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your temporary or permanent removal from the channel.
IRC is an text based chat system, which to you connect via client software, the most popular one is mIRC.
Get mIRC here: http://www.mirc.com
Once you have an IRC Client installed on your computer, you need to connect to the IRC Server. The fastest way to do is it to click this link:
If you want to do this manually, You have to follow these steps;
First you will see "options" menu(alt+o). set your nickname to what you want other people to see you as. Suggested is to use your ingame name.
In the options menu, you see a list to the left. Under 'Connect' you see 'Servers'.
Description: Second Age IRC
IRC Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667 (Default)
Now press 'Connect to Server' and within a few seconds you should see the welcome messages and network information.
To join a channel you type;