End-game, and keeping veteran players.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Morbent Fel

End-game, and keeping veteran players.

Post by Morbent Fel »

Ok, so I've read quite a few threads where people are worried about end-game, keeping veteran players..blah..blah blah...You get the picture.

I'm here to suggest, a few ideas that could help keep long-term players around, and make the community bigger. :o

Here are my ideas:

Dynamic spawns!

Make a progressive fast spawn rate with a boss reward at the end!
Example: Yew Lich Ruins, goes 1-2 wraiths > 3-6 liches > lich lord.
The only problem with this current spawn, is it doesn't really keep me or other players around because it's so slow!

Weekly dynamic dungeons!

This would be great fun! The whole shard gathers weekly at an event for a custom dungeon the staff constructs, with bosses and secret traps, mazes; etc.

Town-take overs by gangs of monsters!

I'm sure a lot of you remember this happening on OSI.
Lizardmen, and ratmen taking of brit.

Orcs, ogres, trolls, and ettins taking skara brae, and cove.

Semi-rare magical items.

Such as:
the tribal spear = to force
an orc bow = to force
paladin's shield = hardening
etc.

Please feel free to add anything
Morbent Fel - Light roleplaying pvper, and farmer.
Waruk - Heavy roleplaying blood thirsty orc.
Green Jelly - Pvper

Imp

Re: End-game, and keeping veteran players.

Post by Imp »

The problem with "new" items that if they suck - no one will need them; if they not suck - they will be soon flooded all over on vendors and paperdolls, adding the feeling of "era inaccuracy".

While dynamic spawns can be hidden somewhere in Lost Lands, like in "not yet opened Khaldun"...

Well, maybe it should be done in form of server storyline events with unique rewards and a chance for crafters to take part in all this...

venox

Post by venox »

yea some of your ideas could be used quite well in events/quests.

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

I agree, we need to keep era accruacy. Also, having such events will prove to create more pk spots :-) Something I personally am not afraid of, because Im am sure it will be a great battle ground, but others might complain they are un able to access these areas!
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Risk versus Reward.

If its enough fun people will come despite the threat of PKs.

If people cant mount enough defense to fend off 4 or 5 reds there is a problem....

Zim

Post by Zim »

Town take overs were great, Trinsic had undead in it for like 3 monthes. Id stealth around with my Silver War Axe and pop up on lonely lich's while every one else fought the epic battle at the bank and town entrance.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Events, even over a length of time would be fun (the Trinsic undead siege was AWESOME), but I would not be totally in favor of other significant changes even for player retention. The Trisic Seige was close to the most fun I had back then, and would love to see the liche's, rotting corpse's, mummies etc take over a city again.

I have played other free shards, and one thing that is here that keeps me (and lost me in the others) was the more authentic harder skill gain. The other shards that were "T2A accurate", I had a 7x tamer in a week. Half the challenge for me is character creation, and this shard didn't whore it out. Sure it is still faster than the real era, but it is reasonable. In era was assenine for some skills.

If the player base increases, I would certainly be in favor of Khaldun or something like it. But right now I can go to almost any dungeon and not compete for spawns (save the occasional red I see - but that is what makes it fun).

Kid Steeze

Post by Kid Steeze »

Morbent Fel wrote:Ok, so I've read quite a few threads where people are worried about end-game, keeping veteran players..blah..blah blah...You get the picture.

I'm here to suggest, a few ideas that could help keep long-term players around, and make the community bigger. :o

Here are my ideas:

Dynamic spawns!

Make a progressive fast spawn rate with a boss reward at the end!
Example: Yew Lich Ruins, goes 1-2 wraiths > 3-6 liches > lich lord.
The only problem with this current spawn, is it doesn't really keep me or other players around because it's so slow!

Weekly dynamic dungeons!

This would be great fun! The whole shard gathers weekly at an event for a custom dungeon the staff constructs, with bosses and secret traps, mazes; etc.

Town-take overs by gangs of monsters!

I'm sure a lot of you remember this happening on OSI.
Lizardmen, and ratmen taking of brit.

Orcs, ogres, trolls, and ettins taking skara brae, and cove.

Semi-rare magical items.

Such as:
the tribal spear = to force
an orc bow = to force
paladin's shield = hardening
etc.

Please feel free to add anything
Great I dea I think the town take over would be a awesome idea for the shard do fun things like that would definitely keep me around.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

The town take overs is something that already happens from time to time around here, and Its usually vesper. I am always up for more events!
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Kid Steeze

Post by Kid Steeze »

Well ive been playing for about 2 weeks on secondage and have not seen one yet so I would like to see one ;p

Craven

Post by Craven »

Long term take overs are the JAM =) Good farming since endless amount of MOBs, but usually see lots of PVP action too.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Craven wrote:Long term take overs are the JAM =) Good farming since endless amount of MOBs, but usually see lots of PVP action too.
Probably one of the most memorable experiances while playing OSI was the Undead Trinsic siege. I loved killing stuff there, then there was the GM controlled super-lich at the end.. that was pretty damn fun, everyone teleporting across the rooftops trying to kill it. Took like an hour too.