Just say 'No' to cA Extortion! A message from the BPD

Topics related to Second Age
Derek_vinyard

Re: Just say 'No' to cA Extortion! A message from the BPD

Post by Derek_vinyard »

Donk wrote:Just for the record, animal selling permits have been purchased by some sellers and cA has honored those permits. The sellers can stand at Britain bank with 60 animals if they want, untouched. If you're not one of these sellers, just think how much business you're losing running around avoiding cA while somebody else is merrily advertising to the crowd.

"But Wait... There's More!"

snooch

Post by snooch »

chumbucket wrote:It's a business proposition: You can let us move (and kill) your animals, you can constantly move them yourself thereby losing time and sales, or you can pay us a one time fee of 5000 gold which allows you to forever sell animals anywhere you like.

I believe that for most players the last option is easiest and cheapest.
To me that sounds to me like a threat, cA are extortionists. While I agree the BPD are somewhat vigilante in their tactics, they are doing the best they can to clean up Britain. We live in a cruel world. To give into cA's threats because it is the most convenient option is an injustice to the future generations of tamers / hard working citizens. I am glad BPD is willing to stand up to them and fight the good fight.

Downs

Post by Downs »

snooch wrote:I am glad BPD is willing to stand up to them and fight the good fight.
this has happened?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I once had a BPD guy attack my perma when I came to bank. On many occasions, I have had them chase my character around WBB in order to determine if it was perma when in fact it was not. Does that count?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I have became perma, set up a guard of many dragons, and then had BPD sit beside me warning me that the second I get rid of my lame pets, they will pk me.

CandyStar

Post by CandyStar »

Oh wow, I hope I don't meet these guys, they sound like jerks. I don't want to have to pay money to play the game :/

Horsewang

Post by Horsewang »

Statement: "You need a permit for that"
Correct Answer: "Get Lost!"
Also acceptable: "Do you have a griefing permit?"

Kronos

Post by Kronos »

Now taking into consideration I have only been playing this shard for 1 week, i would have to say that the whole point of the game is that you have the ability to choose what you want to do. If ca is wanting you to pay the money for a permit, and you do not want to, then dont. Just know that if you have the power to choose what you want to do then you must also accept what the result of those choices are. I personaly do not have a tamer yet, but if i did i would buy the permit right away. It seems to me that ca has the power to enforce what they r selling, wether that be making sure you can sell pets or make wure you cant. Plus why would i want to have down time running away from the prime selling spots just for 5k? As far as BPD goes i have not had any encounters with them yet so i have no opinion on them.
Great Lakes: October 1998 - November 2009
Second age: June 2010 -

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Kronos wrote:I personaly do not have a tamer yet, but if i did i would buy the permit right away. It seems to me that ca has the power to enforce what they r selling, wether that be making sure you can sell pets or make wure you cant. Plus why would i want to have down time running away from the prime selling spots just for 5k? As far as BPD goes i have not had any encounters with them yet so i have no opinion on them.
And with this logic you're telling them that 5k is too cheap so just up the price to 20k and higher and higher!
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Horsewang

Post by Horsewang »

Whatever. The animal permit scam is pretty weak. I refused to buy one. Sure, they gated away a couple llamas here and there. No big loss. Standing around West Brit Bank with any type of valuables, including mounts, is asking for theft. Get in, bank, get out.

Why give in to the corruption of cA??
Fight back with what you believe!!
Plus, I haven't seen them pushing permits for months.

Manowar

Post by Manowar »

Horsewang wrote:Whatever. The animal permit scam is pretty weak. I refused to buy one. Sure, they gated away a couple llamas here and there. No big loss. Standing around West Brit Bank with any type of valuables, including mounts, is asking for theft. Get in, bank, get out.

Why give in to the corruption of cA??
Fight back with what you believe!!
Plus, I haven't seen them pushing permits for months.
I've sold a few in the last few weeks... It's getting to the point that I'm seeing more permit holders than non-permit holders lately.

I'm looking forward to slaughtering your pets. :D
Rendar wrote: Live by the sword, die by the hidden archer turret.
chumbucket and Associates [cA]

[lml] EPIC Heavy Metal Bards [lml]

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

CandyStar wrote:Oh wow, I hope I don't meet these guys, they sound like jerks. I don't want to have to pay money to play the game :/
But you played WoW...
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

No far than testerday I gated away 4 osterds and 2 horses from a guy who didn't have a permit.

He lost all of them, and that's much than if he bought a permit.

Think about it, respect the law and buy your permit.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Boudoir wrote:respect the law

not that corrupt BPD dexxer law they enforce however they see fit. The law that has real rules and real consequences.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!