Herding Follow

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bismuth

Herding Follow

Post by bismuth »

On RunUO if you herd an animal and target yourself it moves to the tile you were standing on.

But on OSI herding and targeting yourself made the animal follow you.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Herding Follow

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I actually think herding works as intended here.

There was a change to the skill later on OSI (log after t2a) that allowed you to make an animal enter follow mode on you. This allowed tamers to lure some neon-pink-ninja-dragon-mounts to a safe spot to tame. The herding skill also became difficulty based.

bismuth

Post by bismuth »

Herding became difficulty based in 1997.
Herding
You can no longer herd tame animals.
Herding is now difficulty based. You will only improve from tackling increasingly tougher animals to herd. The scale of difficulty is similar to that for animal taming.
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1997_Patch_Notes

Herded animals following is mentioned in a patch note in 1998
Herding no longer prompts you saying that the creature can follow you.
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1998_Patch_Notes

I would assume that the demo also has herded animals following you if you target yourself.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Definitely should be on there if it's true.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yeah, looks like herding should be difficulty based to me. I thought for sure this change came with the difficulty changes for the other target skills like procovation, enticement etc.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

that is weird because i remember using bunnies to 100 str, i started in april 99

but tbh i cant remember ever having herding very high - which would suggest that stats should raise whilst using a skill, even if you have no chance to gain that skill? is that possible here, because i've never noticed it before. currently you chance to gain a stat diminishes as a skill gets higher, which would suggest our stat gains correlate to the chance of gaining skill.

i know this was the case after the UO:R patch, where stat gains were best from 0-10 skill (bringing "see sawing" into the game), but i always thought it was weird that see-sawing is effective here. i'd beg the belief that the chance to gain stat should be equal regardless of your skill level. ie: mining at 0 or 100.0, your chance to gain a point of strength should not change
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE