Red/Criminal Guardwhacking when hidden in town. Not Era Acc

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Everlynn

Red/Criminal Guardwhacking when hidden in town. Not Era Acc

Post by Everlynn »

This is incorrect. Basically if you are red or a red criminal in town the guards "know you are there" and can reveal you and guardwhack you.... also if anyone calls guards you will be revealed and guardwhacked. This is not at all era accurate and im not sure how it even got implemeted in one of the recent patches. Did the guards develop "hidden vision and know where to reveal"????? This does not even make sence no less fit into the accuracy that we are targeting for the server. I know no one likes admitting they made a mistake in a patch but this patch is totally incorrect. Since the dawn of time reds have been able to cast invis to see if the gate that is up is town or not. What other measures do reds have to ensure they are not walking into a gate to be gwhacked? This is just plain silly.

Regards,

Ollie

Re: Red/Criminal Guardwhacking when hidden in town. Not Era

Post by Ollie »

Don't walk into random gates?
Cowards that are currently up for a personal bounty!

Veritas
Smithy

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Everlynn wrote:Since the dawn of time reds have been able to cast invis to see if the gate that is up is town or not.
Genesis 1. The Holy Bible: King James Version

32. And God said, An Lor Xen, and He becameth invisible, and it was good.
33. And He stepped into the moon gate, and behold, He was upon His people.
34. But He was not his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
35. And the guards spoke "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."
36. And behold, he taketh thine dirt nap, and with quick rappor, fiercely flamed thine actions on the local cryer.
37. And it was good.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

benny-

Post by benny- »

Im curious to know if this is indeed inaccurate. Could add an interesting dynamic if criminals and reds could go into guardzones so long as they weren't uncovered...
- Elisud

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Guards should reveal criminals, but not non-criminal reds on UOSA; it's believed accurate but I can't substantiate that. Would love to have more info.

If guards are revealing non-criminal reds it's an error of the current indeded implementation anyway. Has anyone reproduced this?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

criminal + red + hidden = NPC's will call guards on your hidden self
Even if the criminal action is not performed in town.

Noncriminal + red + hidden = you are ok as long as you stay hidden.

It's not the 15-20 second "guards can now be..." timer to determine if you are criminal or not either. If you are red and perform a criminal action, you have to wait out the full 2 minutes until it's safe(ish) to go into town hidden.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Non-"criminal" reds are not being guardwhacked, however there does appear to be a problem with this. This will be fixed.

Thanks much for this report (and the original one somewhere else)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Everlynn

Post by Everlynn »

Thanks for listening sorry for using foul language in the first one :))). But i know for a fact that it was incorrect... should not have to wait two minute before being able to be g whacked and should not be able to have guards called on you if your red and not a immediate criminal in town hidden.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree, and I appreciate your report of this (now that I understand). It is indeed valuable to explain better and more rationally, the rage posts tbh are harder to take seriously.

I'm glad in the end that we got this one figured out. Is it working properly as of this morning?

Everlynn

Post by Everlynn »

lol i dont want to be the one to test it haha.