90%
No
10%

Total votes: 98

Lupos

Are you an OSI UO Veteran?

Post by Lupos »

Hi all,

I wanted to get an indication on what percentage of the player base got their first taste of UO on OSI. The reason I ask is because it would be nice to get an indication of where we started.

I started on Atlantic in the Second Age, quit when fast walk (UOextreme) got patched out and moved onto Oceania once it opened.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Are you an OSI UO Veteran?

Post by GuardianKnight »

Napa valley during t2a up til before UO:R . Went to Siege Perilous and used my tamer to get rid of all pvp on the server. I probably made everyone quit.

I'm waiting on a vet story ending in " joined *date* went to siege and GK made me quit*
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Played on OSI from '99-03 after a friend told me about this kickass game at school. Had been a fan of the earlier ultimas.

I had about 6 RL friends that played in '99, most had quit by UO:R patch and today I'm the only one left playing (fair enough, UOSA is the first time I've played in over 5 years!)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

europa baby. was a newbie though ;[

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

marmalade wrote:europa baby. was a newbie though ;[
Napa Valley

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I am familier with the game from beta+, but I did not really get into it until late 98 or so. I played on pacific until the felucca/trammel split and then I migrated over to siege. I quit there when they handed out personal bless deeds, and don't recall ever running into GuardianKnight, king of tamers.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I find it hard to believe that matron never ran into me....i was constantly griefing PK tournaments and lying in wait with 3 other tamers to ruin their day. I ran with Whistler Mirror, Pony Express, Xazel. And i think everyone knew Darth and yoda....and wherever they were causing trouble...i was there trying to stop it.

I was in the most popular guild on the server C8V. It later became the biggest most active guild and practically ran all the champ hunts and had all the relics in aos.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I remember Whistler Mirror, Darth, Yoda, Pyrite, Enigma. I never did any of the champ stuff, I was basically out the door at that time. I do remember C8V basically being what K^A is here :lol: . HH, kgb, udl, dta, koc, and some others were the big guilds from my recollection. Oh, and those wispwood roleplay wierdos were catching on for some reason I was a member of udl and a founding member of dta. (which I see still exists though the site is gone)

I don't know about the relics and whatnot, the item-to-have when I played was a valorite runic hammer, and like only one guild I know of had one (and duped it 1000 times) so all their members were really lame (cough..HH..)

Scribbler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Scribbler »

Catskills Aug 2000 - Aug 2001.

I joined just after UO:R was released so I never got to see what the early UO was all about (thankfully this server has given me that opportunity, and its a lot of fun!).

I did reactivate my old OSI account recently prior to coming here only to find all my characters newbified and all my stuff gone. Plus the Catskills shard was pretty much dead - me being the only person on at times (or so it seemed).

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

One of the few threads that I feel that I can input on (save the accuracy threads) :D

Great Lakes player from September 99 until February 10, 20003 (the release day of AoS).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Man, you guys have good memories about this game.

I started in October 1999, and the only reason I know this is because I started my second character over my December 1999 xmas break from college.

No clue when I stopped.

I don't remember a single guild - not even the one I was in, which was something about "Knights of the Virtues" or something or other, and we all wore blue sashes, and we were supposed to be anti-PK but I was probably the most knowledgeable about that stuff and I see now how much I completely SUCKED at even just basic game knowledge.

Lupos

Post by Lupos »

Was that VKR mikel? I was in virtuous knights of the realm on oceania!

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

I spent, I think, four years on Atlantic. I played Drachenfels for a week or two when I started, though. Started sometime in late 98. My old guild was Lost Order of Akalabeth (LOA). I remember a long standing war with the Order of the Ebon Skull. One thing I remember vividly was an all out attack on their tower on Ice Isle. Me and another guy were sent to scout ahead and relay back, so I naturally used stealth. I guess they assumed the other guy had stealth as well, but he instead ran from building to building like he was in a movie. Didn't work so well. :lol:

Manowar

Post by Manowar »

Mikel123 wrote:Man, you guys have good memories about this game.

I started in October 1999, and the only reason I know this is because I started my second character over my December 1999 xmas break from college.

No clue when I stopped.

I don't remember a single guild - not even the one I was in, which was something about "Knights of the Virtues" or something or other, and we all wore blue sashes, and we were supposed to be anti-PK but I was probably the most knowledgeable about that stuff and I see now how much I completely SUCKED at even just basic game knowledge.
I'm with you... it's all so fuzzy.

I ran into an old friend from 10 years ago and somewhere in the convo I told her about this shard and that I was playing UO again. She reminded me that I gave her my account when I quit... I had ZERO memory of that until she mentioned it. I figured I just let my house go idoc and cancelled my subscription.
Rendar wrote: Live by the sword, die by the hidden archer turret.
chumbucket and Associates [cA]

[lml] EPIC Heavy Metal Bards [lml]

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

I started an initial character on Lake Superior along with a few real life friends, but we moved to Napa Valley right after that to play with more Real Life friends. That was back in the beginning. Ended up playing to Renaissance. After Renaissance I started playing less and less every day till when AoS came out I was only logging on to refresh things. I ended up giving away everything I owned to random people that were obviously new or just seemed really nice when i'd strike up a conversation with them. The game took a steady downhill slide after UO:R for me...which is how I ended up here. :D
Special Projects Minion.