Blessed Items should break from damage [reposted]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Brules

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [reposted]

Post by Brules »

So when is Derrick implementing this?

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

TBH I think you're a bunch of idiots for wanting us to have our items "broken". Sure, go ahead and do it to any newly blessed item, but when we purchased ours we were assured time and time again that they were NOT going to be broken. I didn't wear my Sandals very much when I first got them, until I confirmed with Blackfoot, Cindrew, AND Derrick like 5 times that they would under no circumstances be BROKEN, but durability/armor would drop to 0.

To go against this would be quite annoying, and tbh would be jipping us of what we "farmed" for. Grandfathered items have always existed and tbh, for someone who doesn't really believe in items such as these Matron, you did make quite a bit of money selling them, for example the "big cock" statue.

Theres no legit real reason to make our items "breakable" by any means, other than jealously, spite, or just pretty much being a dick about it.

I'll type more after some more shots! BRB!
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Jimi[DF]

Post by Jimi[DF] »

Cataclyst wrote:TBH I think you're a bunch of idiots for wanting us to have our items "broken". Sure, go ahead and do it to any newly blessed item, but when we purchased ours we were assured time and time again that they were NOT going to be broken. I didn't wear my Sandals very much when I first got them, until I confirmed with Blackfoot, Cindrew, AND Derrick like 5 times that they would under no circumstances be BROKEN, but durability/armor would drop to 0.

To go against this would be quite annoying, and tbh would be jipping us of what we "farmed" for. Grandfathered items have always existed and tbh, for someone who doesn't really believe in items such as these Matron, you did make quite a bit of money selling them, for example the "big cock" statue.

Theres no legit real reason to make our items "breakable" by any means, other than jealously, spite, or just pretty much being a dick about it.

I'll type more after some more shots! BRB!
Wow drinking while crying about online pixels your life must be sweet.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

"Big Chicken Statue" can be stolen, just like virtually every other silly rare. It's a question of "policy v. mechanical" accuracy...

I'm sure the staff never said "these items will remain unbreakable forever".

It is accurate that these items break.

It was even mentioned by Derrick, that if this ever happened, the durability would be reset on existing items.

Most things are not grandfathered.

The things that are do not have permanent effects on the server as these do potentially.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Jimi[DF] wrote:Wow drinking while crying about online pixels your life must be sweet.
dude if you lost a pair of blessed blacks, you'd develop a drinking problem too
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

:) In all fair ness I was drinking before I got on to read this thread, it just makes being drunkish more interesting. When I aquired my Sandals I made sure by asking Derrick that they wouldn't break. We were told that they could not break. The only thing they could do was lose durability - and eventually goto 0 (providing no armor) - but they WOULD NOT break.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Cataclyst wrote::) In all fair ness I was drinking before I got on to read this thread, it just makes being drunkish more interesting. When I aquired my Sandals I made sure by asking Derrick that they wouldn't break. We were told that they could not break. The only thing they could do was lose durability - and eventually goto 0 (providing no armor) - but they WOULD NOT break.
I was told the Katana was the fastest sword. I (may) have asked Derrick 1000 times and he (would have) said that the Katana WOULD NOT be slower than the kryss. When an inaccuracy was found, my katanas were not grandfathered. It's the same argument, with only a difference in value of the item. In fact, it could be said that grandfathering the Katanas (instead of the blessed items) would be more reasonable, because they will eventually break and disapear from the server.

Most things that are grandfathered in, seem to have a natural way of phasing themselves out by breaking, being stolen, lost etc.

Brules

Post by Brules »

We all have to take a bite out of the crap sandwhich known as "era accuracy" sometimes......so anyone with a blessed item, open wide and get to chewing.

Implement this now?

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

You guys make it WAY more than obvious that you're mad at people like Blackfoot, Myself, Flash, Kooter, Kylock, Woozy, Stuck, and everyone else with Blessed Cool mostly unobtainable items. With the probably close to 100 inaccuracys and the roughly 20 or so that are continued to be talked about, discovered, and discussed the one you are most worried about is the one to make it so our trammel pixels can break.

WHY is this such a big deal to you and the others.. not?

Your biased opinions are really annoying, just like you think mine is I'm sure, but atleast I am not ignoring all the facts :).

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I was told the Katana was the fastest sword. I (may) have asked Derrick 1000 times and he (would have) said that the Katana WOULD NOT be slower than the kryss. When an inaccuracy was found, my katanas were not grandfathered. It's the same argument, with only a difference in value of the item
No, that is not the only difference. A truly parallel case would involve Derrick knowing that during T2A, a kryss was faster than a katana, in addition to having Derrick himself sell you the katanas at a prohibitively high price that could be justified only by their being the fastest weapon in the game.

Further, it would require that you too had known that the kryss should be faster, and that you had asked Derrick about katana speed repeatedly because you were weary about paying an exorbitant price for the katanas (from him) that might not be the fastest weapon in the game. Then, despite having known that you and other players had this concern, and despite having known the entire time that katanas were slower in era, Derrick would have to change their properties because of a random forum post, notwithstanding the fact that he had known for months that katanas should have been slower in the first place.
If that were the case, I really wouldn't have a problem with you having a few grandfathered katanas, if you had paid something like 200,000 gp a pop. Their impact would not be any different than a person chasing me with a comparable kryss, though I would argue that the influence on actual game mechanics resulting from this sort of grandfathering is far more pronounced than grandfathering in sandals.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

so when is this going to be changed? i have my macer standing by waiting to grief you rich bastards.

seriously though, this needs to be changed. I dont own any blessed clothing, but until this thread, i kind of assumed it would be subject to breaking just like on OSI. it definatly should be.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Fwerp wrote:
I was told the Katana was the fastest sword. I (may) have asked Derrick 1000 times and he (would have) said that the Katana WOULD NOT be slower than the kryss. When an inaccuracy was found, my katanas were not grandfathered. It's the same argument, with only a difference in value of the item
No, that is not the only difference. A truly parallel case would involve Derrick knowing that during T2A, a kryss was faster than a katana, in addition to having Derrick himself sell you the katanas at a prohibitively high price that could be justified only by their being the fastest weapon in the game.

Further, it would require that you too had known that the kryss should be faster, and that you had asked Derrick about katana speed repeatedly because you were weary about paying an exorbitant price for the katanas (from him) that might not be the fastest weapon in the game. Then, despite having known that you and other players had this concern, and despite having known the entire time that katanas were slower in era, Derrick would have to change their properties because of a random forum post, notwithstanding the fact that he had known for months that katanas should have been slower in the first place.
If that were the case, I really wouldn't have a problem with you having a few grandfathered katanas, if you had paid something like 200,000 gp a pop. Their impact would not be any different than a person chasing me with a comparable kryss, though I would argue that the influence on actual game mechanics resulting from this sort of grandfathering is far more pronounced than grandfathering in sandals.
Matron, actually made a very good point to be honest... The cost is irrelevant since the principle of the argument is that 'bless deeds' are 'special items' that are a part of the silver/trophy turn in system. Not to mention that silver/trophies hardly cost anything unless you buy them from another player(your problem if you purchased them this way). Based on my understanding from Kaivan the clothing bless deeds from silver/trophy system are suppose to somehow be different than the deeds that were obtained from CUB.

The argument here is based on clothing bless deeds, not the items they are attached too. Those items that received the blessed attribute and how they were obtained mean absolutely nothing.

Jimi[DF]

Post by Jimi[DF] »

Cataclyst wrote:You guys make it WAY more than obvious that you're mad at people like Blackfoot, Myself, Flash, Kooter, Kylock, Woozy, Stuck, and everyone else with Blessed Cool mostly unobtainable items. With the probably close to 100 inaccuracys and the roughly 20 or so that are continued to be talked about, discovered, and discussed the one you are most worried about is the one to make it so our trammel pixels can break.

WHY is this such a big deal to you and the others.. not?

Your biased opinions are really annoying, just like you think mine is I'm sure, but atleast I am not ignoring all the facts :).
It is just pixels, if you get compensated in gold who cares. Why are you making such a big deal out of it? It is not like most of you earned them anyways. You just spent countless hours farming gold to buy trophies off of other people. That was your decision. Stop crying about your lame virtual status symbols. T-T

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You say " You just spent countless hours farming gold to buy trophies off of other people. That was your decision." That's not half of it.
If you spent the time to collect 200 to 500 points by event or by buying, you would know that it's not as simple as just buying points.

Buying points is like trying to pry off a welded piece of metal from a building. The people selling them know they are worth more to you than to them, so they hold every single point hostage until you are almost begging to buy em at their ridiculous prices.

Until you do it yourself, you don't get to make the decision or say you know how the decision should be made. Sheesh, why don't we let non tamers on a pvp shard decide that all kill shouldn't work properly this era...oh wait.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Jimi[DF]

Post by Jimi[DF] »

GuardianKnight wrote:You say " You just spent countless hours farming gold to buy trophies off of other people. That was your decision." That's not half of it.
If you spent the time to collect 200 to 500 points by event or by buying, you would know that it's not as simple as just buying points.

Buying points is like trying to pry off a welded piece of metal from a building. The people selling them know they are worth more to you than to them, so they hold every single point hostage until you are almost begging to buy em at their ridiculous prices.

Until you do it yourself, you don't get to make the decision or say you know how the decision should be made. Sheesh, why don't we let non tamers on a pvp shard decide that all kill shouldn't work properly this era...oh wait.
You obviously have not been playing here since the beginning because they were very cheap back in the day when the majority of the crybabies got their pixels. 5k a Trophy, plus the countless people who abused the cleanup britannia thing made cbd very obtainable back then.