At the risk of being run out on a rail...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Gray Wolf

At the risk of being run out on a rail...

Post by Gray Wolf »

I am wondering if UO Home is able/allowed to be used? All it does it take the tedium of typing `i wish to lock this down' et all, out.

I am also wondering why razor and not UO Assist? (As in.. the reasons for going with Razor).

Lastly, I am elated to be here! I played UO for 10 years on GL, and miss this very era!!

No trammel!... WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay UOSA!!!
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

Lupos

Re: At the risk of being run out on a rail...

Post by Lupos »

There's no need for oldschool third party apps like UO-Home when it's simple enough to bind all the house commands you need. However I doubt you'd get in strife for using that application.

As far as UO-Assist is concerned that only functions with the official osi/EA servers and razor is about as close as we're going to get!

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

it's not difficult to put it into a macro.... just like vendor buy me some guards while i shop near the bank you can throw it into one line.. it's actually sort of amazing to me that you want to run a totally separate app just for that.....

as for uoassist.. well first, it's not free.. you'd have to illegally crack it to be able to use it.. and if that's not enough of a reason.. how about razor is better.

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

Dagon wrote:it's not difficult to put it into a macro.... just like vendor buy me some guards while i shop near the bank you can throw it into one line.. it's actually sort of amazing to me that you want to run a totally separate app just for that.....

as for uoassist.. well first, it's not free.. you'd have to illegally crack it to be able to use it.. and if that's not enough of a reason.. how about razor is better.
The UO Home has a nice little gump that just made it so much easier; icon/target/done! I only asked cause I don't want to use it of I'd get kicked for it. I'm sooo enjoying UOSA! (My WoW friends are confused!)

I'll have to learn Razor for sure. (I was a UO Assist addict!). I'm sure it very similar in `macro' respects.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm not familiar with UO-Home, and couldn't find it via a quick search on google. Can you provide a link?

Any of the 3rd party apps that were available for download from stratics during era are fine. UO-Curse, UO Spawn Map Util, etc.

UOA is fine if you can get it to work. It's explicitly made not to function with free-shards, I belive as part their agreement with EA. If you do get it to work, please share!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Isnt that odd that UOA was illegal back when it was free. Then it becomes "UO PRO" and starts costing money! lol

I used UOHome (or something similar), It is more convienent than setting macros if you only use those commands when you are decorating. Nothing worse than logging into your character, getting into a fight, using a heal potion only to find out your heal pot macro is "I wish to release this".

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

Derrick wrote:I'm not familiar with UO-Home, and couldn't find it via a quick search on google. Can you provide a link?

Any of the 3rd party apps that were available for download from stratics during era are fine. UO-Curse, UO Spawn Map Util, etc.

UOA is fine if you can get it to work. It's explicitly made not to function with free-shards, I belive as part their agreement with EA. If you do get it to work, please share!
Here it be:

http://uo.stratics.com/xena/uohome.shtml

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, this is fine.

Our concern is with programs that "interact with the UO datastream". OSI's policy was welcoming of hot-key type programs, although i don't have a link to that statement handy.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."