Light Level Filter!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
marmalade

Light Level Filter!

Post by marmalade »

I demand that light level filters be disabled!

I know it can be done because I've been on other shards that have it disabled. Surely this can be considered an era accurate change? Think of the awesome implications! I look forward to hearing staff and player input.

Thanks.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Light Level Filter!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Wouldnt this require syncing razor with the server or whatever, to limit features. All the filter-light option does is alter a client file anyway. I think this is very similar to the tree-hack.

Though I am all for dark nights.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

i have no idea tbh, but like i said i've been on a server recently where light levels are forced.

benny-

Post by benny- »

There was a big discussion on this a while back. As Matron said, the only known way to disable the light filters would be to require users to enable "negotiate features with server", thus require all users to use Razor, something Derrick isn't willing to do.
Really wish there were another third party app to use....really not a fan of Razor and limiting a number of features like this would be great.
Anyway, if you have more info, or some more knowledge on the subject of how this is done on other shards I'm sure some would be interested to know. I'd love to see "In Lor" again...
- Elisud

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

This certainly would be fun, if possible to implement.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I used Night Sight hats for the first two months until i accidentally found the Light filter.

I still keep it off on the account because i like the way it makes the house look with the candles, laterns, etc.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

I'd love to see Light Levels forced.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Would be nice to see this and other restrictions placed upon Razor. However, Matron and benny both are correct about the requirements that were stated. The way this process works is quite simple. RunUO modified Razor to have a checkbox called 'Negotiate With Server' and added a default script that comunicates server side with Razor that limits the restrictions that are present in the script.

If this checkbox isn't checked the script will boot a player from the server. Thus, this means that Razor is forced upon every single player that wants to log into UOSA. Derrick is known to be one of the very few here himself that doesn't use Razor. He is not too keen on anyone being forced to use a piece of software that he has no control over if there was a problem that could very well pop up someday rather it's a bug, update, etc...

What you really should be doing is lobbying those inconsiderate chumps over at RunUO for deciding not to add anymore flex power to this feature for their 3rd party software that is closed source. This unethical practice only allows them to have the advantage over everyone else even though their servers are crap. RunUO could easily add a restriction to every single event that takes place in Razor if they really wanted too.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

yea i just checked this out on this other server and it seems you guys are right. without the negotiate with server box checked, it kicks you within 30 seconds of logging in.

maybe we can just encourage people to play without the light level filter on instead of forcing them to. the game looks so much better with ambient lighting effects : )

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

marmalade wrote:yea i just checked this out on this other server and it seems you guys are right. without the negotiate with server box checked, it kicks you within 30 seconds of logging in.

maybe we can just encourage people to play without the light level filter on instead of forcing them to. the game looks so much better with ambient lighting effects : )
It does, but that will never happen. It's a shame really.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

In fuckin' Lor

I agree.