Misc.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Misc.

Post by chumbucket »

(1) Fewer Events: Yes, fewer. There are so many now that almost every time I try to go out and have some fun, everyone is off at the events.

(2) Dispelling in Town: Perhaps this is the way it is supposed to be, but as of now if someone attempts to dispel a summon in town and fails, the summon will defend itself and the summoner will be guard whacked because the summon counts as attacking the player.

Grubb

Re: Misc.

Post by Grubb »

1. Fewer events I agree with.

2. Why would you even want to bring a summoned monster into town? As far as I know it has been like that for as long as I can remember. Simple solution is.. don't bring your summons in town.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't ever remember guards wacking their owner for a failed or successful dispel. That is definitely a bug.

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

Faust wrote:I don't ever remember guards wacking their owner for a failed or successful dispel. That is definitely a bug.
My brain has failed me before, I could be wrong.. however that still doesn't explain why you would want a summon in town :P

alatar

Post by alatar »

Gating to a bank from a dungeon..? You can summon outside of town and bring one inside guard protection. You shouldn't be eligable to get guard wacked for someone else flagging on your summon.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. I'll get this fixed. Be aware of this, and please do not abuse this in the meantime.

In the future, please bring items like this to be privately so that we're not publicising exploits in the forums while they are abusable.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Derrick wrote:Aye. I'll get this fixed. Be aware of this, and please do not abuse this in the meantime.

In the future, please bring items like this to be privately so that we're publicising exploits in the forums while they are abusable.
Sorry, I wasn't thinking of it as an exploit, just an odd feature.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Grubb wrote:
Faust wrote:I don't ever remember guards wacking their owner for a failed or successful dispel. That is definitely a bug.
My brain has failed me before, I could be wrong.. however that still doesn't explain why you would want a summon in town :P
Your brain has failed you. Summons can be used to attack your enemies. On occasion, your enemies can be found in towns.