Hey All

Topics related to Second Age
Veis Driance (Yew)

Hey All

Post by Veis Driance (Yew) »

Pretty old UO player here. From t2a Catskills through a ridiculous number of free servers. Some of you are probably familiar with the Yew guild.

Any RP here? Hows the PvP scene? The population numbers look solid, and this server looks more desirable than most of the others i've played on.

Any orcs, undead or other old catskills players here?

Thanks, Veis

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Hey All

Post by Kelektra »

Never played on Cats but welcome to the shard. You will find that this shard is more alive then any out there. There is a very solid playerbase, most of them are extremely helpful to new players. Several people on the forum even will co-own you to a house temporiraly so you can macro in peace.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Veis Driance (Yew)

Sweet, thanks.

Skara fields look pretty bereft of cotton. This is where I have farmed for bandies forever, can't remember where else to go. Any tips?

Thanks, Veis

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Inside Cove has a small field.
Maybe Yew? near the grape vines, if i am not mistaken..I have never picked cotton so i cant recall anything else.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Veis Driance (Yew)

Cool.. Guess it would make more sense to get a character going to farm with. Guess i'll start with peace/dex. Anyone wanna gimme some gold? :P

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Heeeeeeeeeey welcome =) have fun

secondage

Post by secondage »

welcome!!!!

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Veis Driance (Yew) wrote:
Any RP here? Hows the PvP scene?

Any orcs, undead or other old catskills players here?

Thanks, Veis

Minimal Roleplay, but there is some and what i have encountered has been enjoyable. There have been efforts by some to increase Roleplay.

PVP scene is constantly debated. So it will depend on who you ask and what you prefer. I haz no l337 skillz so im not the one to ask.

Yes there are orcs...their numbers ebb and flow. No undead that i can recall but we have Pirates. There are lots of players from all OSI shards here i believe, try an advanced forum search for related posts.

Veis Driance (Yew) wrote:Cool.. Guess it would make more sense to get a character going to farm with. Guess i'll start with peace/dex...

I always tell people to start with a dexxer. They are cheap and easy to get going. Use that guy to pick cotton and Shear sheep in Yew. Yew has 3 sheep pens and thats a great way to get bandages for your dexxer and make bolts of cloth to sell at the tailor shop. In between picking cotton and shearing sheep, go to above world spawns and some grave yards to gain extra gold, free bone armor, and skill up.
Veis Driance (Yew) wrote:...Anyone wanna gimme some gold? :P
Short answer: No.
My answer: You'll enjoy everything more if you earn it yourself... :D

Welcome to the shard.

Veis Driance (Yew)

Yeah, i understand the theory but have done it so many times its just a powergame grind now.

Anyways, thanks everyone, maybe i'll see yall around.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

There is also a cotton field in Ocllo.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!