Topics related to Second Age
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Double hits have Killed this shard

Post by son »

Double hits need to be looked at.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Do double-hits work on the demo...
Doubt it. I thought they were a bug related to insta-hit.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Joueur Moyen wrote:
Most of this era was full of bugs. That's why the game didn't stay in this era for long. It was a work in progress. It's cool to have era accurate gamestate in terms of how things were WITHOUT the bugs and preventing GM obstruction I.E. purple ridable super dragons and ridiculous items. Purposely putting in bugs, exploits, and imbalances will never make sense to me though.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

D.V wrote:There are actually 4 Double Visions playing on this shard at the moment and there will be more soon

IT WASNT ME THAT U KILLED
I was just assuming, since I killed you outside covetous with double hit + ebolt and you posted a thread literally 5 minutes later saying someone had just killed you with double hit + ebolt
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Hey now, your obviously not UOSA's worst PvPer

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Izual wrote:Hey now, your obviously not UOSA's worst PvPer
better to be thought of as bad, and underestimated than to be thought good and have people proceed with caution
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

nightshark wrote:better to be thought of as bad, and underestimated than to be thought good and have people proceed with caution

:(
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Psilo wrote:I don't think pvp is stalemate at all. Field pvp is fine, fights always end...Tourneys are another story...*snore*
I was talking about tourneys which is the purest example of PvP. That's why I said, "How many times do we see 1v1's go into sudden death?"

D.V

Post by D.V »

i actually sparked this post from him after i double hit/ebolted him on my stat last night. i guess he doesnt get how double hit works on a mage, yea it's easily avoidable. i'd suggest the op learn how to do it, it will make avoiding it easier.

unfortunately though, i've heard of people making uncounterable double hit macros

This actually was not me it was my friend that u killed

I am actually speaking on behalf of our hole guild D.V that currently have 4 members in it that are all named Double Vision.

As we all agree with each other that the double hit is overpowered and actually thought alot of people would agree with me on the forums because this is clearly a Luck based game now

I guesse were gonna just have to learn how to do it and get some dexxers made

Faust

Post by Faust »

No double hit macro is unavoidable.

The macro only allows you to prime a double hit but you are still responsible for pulling it off manually. This can easily be kited by your opponent. It's like having a gun that automatically loads itself but you still have to pull off a direct hit.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Nexus wrote:
Psilo wrote:I don't think pvp is stalemate at all. Field pvp is fine, fights always end...Tourneys are another story...*snore*
I was talking about tourneys which is the purest example of PvP. That's why I said, "How many times do we see 1v1's go into sudden death?"
Tourneys are not a "pure example of pvp" at all. They aren't even t2a accurate, you can't use refresh potions? Really?

Refreshes are important in mage pvp if you wanna keep your hally hitting fast.

Food only lasts so long.

Pat

Post by Pat »

ACE-Onslaught wrote:
Joueur Moyen wrote:
Most of this era was full of bugs. That's why the game didn't stay in this era for long. It was a work in progress. It's cool to have era accurate gamestate in terms of how things were WITHOUT the bugs and preventing GM obstruction I.E. purple ridable super dragons and ridiculous items. Purposely putting in bugs, exploits, and imbalances will never make sense to me though.
I have to agree. IMO the double hit and monsters attacking through walls (and a few more im sure) are obvious bugs that were eventually fixed on OSI but now we are replicating the bugs here. I think the shard is now moving towards replicating a very buggy, half finished version of UO... Not what UO was meant to be.

Jimi[DF]

Post by Jimi[DF] »

Pat wrote:
ACE-Onslaught wrote:
Joueur Moyen wrote:
I have to agree. IMO the double hit and monsters attacking through walls (and a few more im sure) are obvious bugs that were eventually fixed on OSI but now we are replicating the bugs here. I think the shard is now moving towards replicating a very buggy, half finished version of UO... Not what UO was meant to be.
Pre-casting was also a unintentional element from the T2A era, suppose we should get rid of that also... Double hits are a joke right now though. This should be priority number one. Just because they are avoidable in no wat reflects the accuracy of how easy it is to replicate. I honestly don't remember this being an issue at all on Osi.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Jimi[DF] wrote:Pre-casting was also a unintentional element from the T2A era, suppose we should get rid of that also
Where am I?
What server am I on?
Am I still in Kansas?

Seriously.. what is this place

No wonder theres no PvP. These types of players are the high end pop count of UOSA

Something please save me

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Pat wrote:I think the shard is now moving towards replicating a very buggy, half finished version of UO... Not what UO was meant to be.
I bet Derrick loves this argument.

Richard Garriott is living in his castle, and the UO development team have probably moved on and are widely spread out, so saying that anything was "what UO was meant to be" is pure speculation. What this shard is trying to replicate is what UO was.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay