Hythloth 3 Bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Blackbeard

Hythloth 3 Bug

Post by Blackbeard »

That area where the Balron spawns with the little cairne stones that surround the pentagram causes a "target cannot be seen" or "target is too far away" message when I try to provoke a spawn on another one who is adjacent to one of the stones.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Derrick

Re: Hythloth 3 Bug

Post by Derrick »

When you get target is too far away, is it becuase it's asking you to choose an instrument? If not how far away are you.

As far as the line of siight, don't you need line of sight to provoke?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:When you get target is too far away, is it becuase it's asking you to choose an instrument? If not how far away are you.

As far as the line of siight, don't you need line of sight to provoke?
yes. pretty sure what blackbeard is referring to is intended. you can't provoke 2 things that don't have los to each other. those stones break los. i've had issues provoking there too, but it's not a bug.

if anything, it's only questionable whether those stones should break los.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Blackbeard, are you using the recommended client version?

That area is one of the more buggy areas if you're not.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Yes the pentagram-stones there block LoS.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

When I received the "target is too far" they were about 5-8 tiles away from each other.

If waist high objects break line of site then how are you able to provoke a chicken and bull for 3 days in two adjacent stables?
Last edited by Blackbeard on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

The LoS and distance checks on provoke should only be from player to target, not between targets. Hard to prove the LoS portion, but the distance thing is easy to confirm on the demo.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Blackbeard wrote:When I received the "target is too far" they were about 5-8 tiles away from each other.

If waist high objects break line of site then how are you able to provoke a chicken and bull for 3 days in two adjacent stables?
THe minimum distance between the targets aparently is currently linked to your Provocation skill; I don't know if this is correct, however the minimum is 8 tiles; (i.e., with a skill of 0). Are you sure the system wasn't asking for your instrument?

Edit: Oops, there is an LOS check between targets. I think it's been confirmed in the past that there should not be. Does anyone have that info handy?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."