Auto all names?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Auto all names?

Post by Roser »

I'm calling this Auto all names... its annoying.

So if my character has not moved in a while (maybe 30 seconds) and I quickly run directly up down left or right (NE NW SE SW, any of the "fast directions") The game automatically does an "all names" function and lags me for a second (rubber band/teleport laggyness).

Does this happen to everyone?

Also this just reminded me of something... sorry to digress... But is there anyway to prevent the Rubberbanding I get from casting spells and trying to run at the same time?... Same thing as trying to run through an unlocked footstool or keg, or trying to run while paralyzed. Super annoying and NOT EA.

Faust

Re: Auto all names?

Post by Faust »

Client :wink:

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Aye... Can we have a new client for Christmas?

This is a pretty nasty issue imo, and is more then likely the cause of a lot of de-synchronization.

Would switching clients to something a little more "smooth" be that big of a deal?

Is it within the power of the staff to patch clients?
Last edited by Roser on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Rose wrote:Super annoying and NOT EA.
??
Most people i know in era had resynch tied to their spacebar due to the frequency of desynchs, and in era you can all all brambles in the forest to the list of things to rubberband off. This issue is very much part of the UO experiance, I don't think there's any way to get rid of it.

As far as the allnames, this sholdn't be lagging your client. If this enabled in Razor, the Client, or both. Try one or the other and see if it makes a difference.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Rose wrote:Super annoying and NOT EA.
Sorry, I meant specifically the casting/keg/stool/para running.

It is of course in era to de-synch on Z axis changes and whatnot.

I guess it's not all names that gives me lag (I can run around spamming it with no lag). But there is something like a re-synch that occurs when I "dart" in a fast direction after not moving for a while. It causes all names to occur for some reason.