Vacancy - 3 Castles Need Use - Apply Within

Topics related to Second Age
effyou

Vacancy - 3 Castles Need Use - Apply Within

Post by effyou »

GK inspired...

I have a few vacant castles I would like to let a few folks use as a home, place to macro, etc. Those chosen will be co-owend to the respective castle. All are located in the Bloody Plains.

My preference will be towards newer UOSA players. I make no guarantees about the safety of your character(s) or your items located in these homes. Though I'm not a thief and will not take your things, I would highly recommend keeping valuables in the bank.

My only requirement is this: Send me a PM with a paragraph or two stating why you would like to use the castle.
[23:07:28] <Telamon> I'll send you my easyuo script for house placing. What's your email?

pablo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Vacancy - 3 Castles Need Use - Apply Within

Post by pablo »

I don't think your screen name builds much confidence in takers...

effyou

Post by effyou »

Thanks for the tip. All this time on UOSA and come to find out it's my forum screen name that's caused me to fail.

Anyways, these 3 are still available. Just send me a PM with a quick blurb why you want to use one of the castles. Thanks.
[23:07:28] <Telamon> I'll send you my easyuo script for house placing. What's your email?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Why don't you just sell them.

voodoo

Post by voodoo »

It's like the rich corporate guy in the Simpsons movie: they want to give something back to the community. Not the money, but something. ;)

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

Why sell when it looks like he's giving a handout, but really he's just getting someone to refresh his castles for him? HE NEEDS THOSE EMPTY CASTLES!

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

I was thinking more along the lines of him wanting free decorations/resources ect only to boot the co-owner once he's ready.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Downs

Post by Downs »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Why don't you just try to sell them for a realistic price

fixed
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

What I'm wondering is why you have/own/need 3 empty, unused castles... ?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It's a human nature thing. As "unimportant" as this game is to all of us, deep down it's actually very important. Important enough that we'll log in every few days to refresh empty castles, post on a message board trying (but not really) to sell the empty castles, and then finally trying to let squatters make use of these empty castles. That's a pretty staggering amount of time spent on something of no practical value to one's self.

I would guess that 25-50% of the wealth of this shard is sitting in bank boxes and houses of players that simply log in to refresh every few days. Seriously, take a run around the map. You'll see a whole lot of "somewhat", "fairly", and "greatly" worn castles and keeps with a ridiculous number of rares on display, just sitting there.

effyou

Post by effyou »

checkmate wrote:What I'm wondering is why you have/own/need 3 empty, unused castles... ?
Have: There are 5 castles that I own that are all right next to one another. I have all of them because I either placed them (4) or bought them (1).
Own: I tried to sell them. Some offers close to what I wanted, but not quite there.
Need: I don't need any of the virtual homes/items I own.

They are unused because I don't play much. They did make for some good sheep farming back in the day.
Mikel123 wrote:It's a human nature thing. As "unimportant" as this game is to all of us, deep down it's actually very important. Important enough that we'll log in every few days to refresh empty castles, post on a message board trying (but not really) to sell the empty castles, and then finally trying to let squatters make use of these empty castles. That's a pretty staggering amount of time spent on something of no practical value to one's self.
I would suspect that UO/UOSA is important to some folks. Unfortunately I'm not one of those aforementioned people. If I had no responsibilities in life (wife, kids, etc), I'd certainly easy mode it and be glued to my PC/consoles as gaming appeals to me in a big way. This game, this shard, serves a purpose. That's the beauty of UO. What you like doing in this game, what you value in this game, may not be the same as the guy next to you. I personally enjoy UO/UOSA and invested a fair amount of my time getting the virtual goodies I have now. It's my hope that some day I'll have more time to make use of the characters/items I own, but until that day, I'm left with playing the refresh game.

If nothing else, house hoarding, squatting, etc., is very era accurate and not against any policies/rules in place on this shard.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Just so I'm clear... you like UOSA, you spent a lot of time on UOSA trying to obtain castles and such, you would like to play on UOSA more down the road, you have items on UOSA that only serve to take time away from your wife and kids while you refresh them, post about them, etc., but you can't get yourself to leave these items behind...

And yet UOSA is not important to you?

This should be a case study in cognitive dissonance.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

And btw... house hoarding and playing the refresh game was not era accurate, because it cost $10/month to not play UO. And no one paid $10/month for nothing. It's actually quite easy to divorce ones self from a game when the costs are so clearly evident. This costs you nothing (but time, I guess), so there's not as much incentive to just walk away.

If you want to play the "what I'm doing is era accurate" game, sign up as a subscriber to the shard and pay $10/month to keep the castles that aren't important to you. Then you'll at least be honest, if that's important to you.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I agree 1000% with what mikel said.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

Mikel123 wrote: If you want to play the "what I'm doing is era accurate" game, sign up as a subscriber to the shard and pay $10/month to keep the castles that aren't important to you. Then you'll at least be honest, if that's important to you.
x34534
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC