PVM Idea

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BMOORE1974

Re: PVM Idea

Post by BMOORE1974 »

I was wandering if the design you have will have alot of PvM'ers turn out? sounds like it might be so structured and openly promoted that we'll have more pk'ers show up than PvM'ers.... The multiable champ spawn locations makes for better chances not to be hunted down like a dog from pk'ers... dont get me wrong i like, enjoy, need and understand the need for pvp but if i'm on my bard i dont want to (cant...lol) PvP. my wanting for champ spawns isnt for tickits, trophies, power scrolls or what have you, it's for the truest nature of PvM... now we have alot of things for PvP'ers / Pk'ers and the like but curently nothing for the PvM'er except the survival game and if you been reading other threads theres some out there who would take that from bards or any other class that they dont play...Champ Spawns without power scrolls would be just fine in my opinion... get the title in your name and what ever loot you get would not change the game.... events has'nt changed the game??????? and we all know they are not era true..... i really dont see the logic as long as the monsters stay era correct....

Faust

Post by Faust »

Well my large scale PVM design will require a relatively large group of people to complete. Player killing will be a possibility with my idea, but the size of the group will be pretty big. Anti-Pks will have to balance this by being able to defend themselves in this scenario. I know some PVM'ers don't like pvp or getting disrupted, but that is the risk involved with it and what makes this game so unique.

BMOORE1974

Post by BMOORE1974 »

i understand defending ones-self but lets say the event will be at 12 noon on sat whats stoping a group or lets say a few reds coming in and mopping the floor up on the PvM'ers. the way i understand it there wont be any confusion on when & where it would be held. it's prob.. wrong but the truth is that theres some ppl who just like to ruin things for others.

my ideal would be to have it a smaller spawn so maybe 3-5 players can handle it with difficulty but have all the spawns in effect, that way the Pk'ers would have to search around instead of just showing up at ur advertised event to get some easy pickings

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

There are PVM trophies that are worth more than pvp ones. They hold events for them... The drops on MOBS sounds like a great idea, however I would not support it. that would start to head the T2A era accuracy in a rewind direction, and this shard thrives on accuracy.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Flash,

I would not consider it inaccurate at all. It will be an "event". It would be no different than the PVP and PVM events on the shard at this very moment. I've stated before that OSI held many events over the Pre:UOR years, however they weren't all that elaborate because of the technology at that time. This will not be a permanent structure for every day game play. It would be based on the weekends ONLY.

Also, an answer to your response BMOORE. The event will be the entire weekend, not just an hour here and there like the other events. Player killers will more than likely know what event will be taking place during this weekend once fully understanding the system, but knowing exactly when people will be there won't be a possibility without checking every second of the hour during the day for that weekend. One of the main ideas behind this is to bring more people to dungeons. The more people there will bring more interaction and conflicts for both areas of play PVM and PVP. In return there won't just be the PVM'ers there. The regular blue people will be there looking for a fight with a possible PK or guild enemy. So PKer's will also have to look out for these people on top of the PVM'ers.

BMOORE1974

Post by BMOORE1974 »

now that you have explained it :D i see where your going with it and it sounds great. the only thing left is to ask WHEN ? has derrick said anything about if he likes it or a little shakey still about implamenting it ? any chance of earning some type of title for a certin accomplishment during the event ? for me thats a better incentive than getting a trophy.... not all of us are trophy hunters :roll:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i wish i could play on the weekends more :< can barely put in a straight hour :<
but pvm events are really goo dfun and draw huge crowds, would probably be amazing
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm very enthused about this type of event.

BMOORE1974

Post by BMOORE1974 »

i hope it is promoted well so that there is a good turn out. i would suggest advertising and promoting well in advance.... as soon as i hear that its a go for sure, i will start putting the word out...