How do I avoid the constant PKing?

Topics related to Second Age
Pirul

Re: How do I avoid the constant PKing?

Post by Pirul »

Mikel knows his UO, listen to him. Matron's Guide is also pretty good. But as someone said above, if you really want to stay alive, hunt in a group. There are several new player friendly - PvM guilds around. Check out the guilds section of the forums, and ask around.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

morganm

Post by morganm »

Here's another great thread I just stumbled upon.

Enjoy!

viewtopic.php?p=86643#p86643

blister

Post by blister »

Mikel123 wrote:The only "grief" I give is in preventing people from macroing taming at the Hell Hounds. And this is a service, really, so they appreciate GM taming more when they actually reach it.

Beyond that, I have shared literally every trick I have for survival and efficient UOSA play.
You do it to my tamer and I'm not macroing :(

I'm always there to move my characters soon as you invis me and things like that.

Anyway you seems to be nicer on forums than in Hyloth. It must be something in the air down there..

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

If you're in Hythloth with no reagents, standing in a death robe, you're certainly not playing UO as far as I'm concerned. It drives me crazy that this trick (having the tame cat on the other side of the wall) works. Taming, though, is my biggest joy in UO, and was a huge source of pride for me in GMing here and on old UO. That's probably why I give people a hard time there - I feel like GM taming should be *earned* by taming tons and tons of giant toads... not given to you by checking in every 15 minutes to move your guy back and forth to wait for spawn.

Either way... Matron's guide is super helpful as well (just replace Tables with Footstools), and was the inspiration for me writing my guide. Both mine and his contain some good info for newbies, and some good info for intermediate/advanced players (well, the advanced players won't admit it, but it's true). I'd suggest bookmarking them both and re-reading them frequently. As a new player, it's impossible to digest them fully on the first or second read; this game is just too complex.

I also expect to have a new guide with some updated info soon (mounts, weapon speed/swings, armor, pvp tournament tactics, will be some of the topics).

blister

Post by blister »

These guides are great. There is some things I never thinked of like pile of stuff in a box to block ppl.

Great stuff !

morganm

Post by morganm »

Lets focus on the topic ppl =)

Would like to point out that you should read the entire thread and replies for those guides because out dated information and other tips are mentioned. (like the part about using footstools instead of tables now)

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

If you can't fight the pks and you can't recall out fast enough before they are on you.. then run and stay on top of heals (heal,str pots, mini spam heal, gheal) until you find the right opportunity to recall out. Wait for the right time to recall out for example, when you turn a corner, when u enter a new level of the dungeon etc., the pk casts a spell like explosion or eb, they restam mount, or you get far enough away. Just have a recall macro ready and don't spam it and panic and hope for the best because that is how a lot of people die from pks. If your not fast enough to recall out you have a better chance of surviving by running and finding the right time to recall out.

Also make sure you get some magic reflect scrolls, most of the time pks wont assume that warriors have reflect up and will hit themselves with eb. And you can just as easily make a recall macro with recall scrolls as well and you don't need much magery to do it just get around 30. When they come at you make sure you buff with str pot then heal with bandage right away followed by a heal pot. Also wouldn't hurt to get some gheal wands if your resist is not that great.

Solaric

Post by Solaric »

Look me up in town and I will show you some hunting spots that are rarely used. Since you can rarely trust people in the game at first we can walk to some of them and I will show you tricks to get loot without a lot of chance of being PKed.

I prefer playing a MMO with friends to making it single player.

Better yet tell me a good time to meet you in Moonglow and I will show you around T2A and using the RECDU and RECSU gate to Papua.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

I'm gonna be straight up honest with you bro, if you want to even make some good gold by being a warrior there are only so many spots you can go to. I don't think theres any good spot for you to farm in t2a with a warrior. I think you should get your macros set and maybe have someone or pay someone to practice with you with the macros. For example maybe you could pay a tank and you guys could go out to a field and simulate you being attacked by a pk.

For a warrior your going to want some silver weapons and kill liches at either deceit(3 locations), cove liches (non stop lich spawn room), or yew liches (the safest of the three but worst spawn).

Also air elementals in shame level 2 is another good way to make gold as a warrior.

Shame level 3 is good as well, killing fire elementals, red mages, other elementals etc..

Yeah there are other places but those are the top spots I can think off the top of my head for a warrior. Otherwise your going to be fighting tooth and nail for little scraps of gold fighting other stuff you can manage, without having magery or provocation. Warriors are always fun, but can be fun as well to have a bard/mage to farm for gold specifically. That's just how UO is, without magery or provocation pure warriors are limited to what they can do in regards to PvM.

But if you do it right, and learn some macros and ways to survive pks, you can make really good gold killing liches/air elementals and some other things.

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

alt f4 works good.
I know I'm no help lol
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

If you were the player farming liches in Deciet 3, I'd recommend that you drop your gold off more often. You were carrying 7.5k, which is apparently more than you make in a day.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

morganm

Post by morganm »

nightshark wrote:If you were the player farming liches in Deciet 3, I'd recommend that you drop your gold off more often. You were carrying 7.5k, which is apparently more than you make in a day.
Which is overall not a bad point... bank often. It's kinda like 'saving your game often' =) When to do it is really up to you but I know I start to feel like I'm tempting fate if I've been in one spot for more than 15 minutes and/or I have 5K+ on me.

Victor Horn

Post by Victor Horn »

jlf2n wrote:Hello, new guy here. This is my first experience with UO and while I am possibly a little late to the party, I guess late is better than never. I've been here a week now and so far I've had a good time.

Well except for the constant PKing I keep running into. In the last few days Reaper/Dead Rise and Olympian have PKed me and totaly wiped me out taking all of my stuff. Considering I can only make about 2k a day its hard to keep any sort of gear at all. It seems like every time someone gives me a decent sword someone follows it up with a nice beat down. While some of the other Pks have only took my money, the last couple of instances have picked me clean, even taking my runes and otherwise worthless crap.

So what am I doing wrong? How do I get away from these guys? How do I avoid them? It seems no matter where I am someone is coming along with a red name and attacking me. Im trying to play a Warrior and I feel like a punching bag. Do warriors suck or will he get better? My StR is 100 and I had decent gear that gave me a AR of 50 but both times I got beat down within 2 hits. On the last instance of PKing I tried recalling away but died before I could get it off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oh and if you see me in game say hello. I play a toon named Joshua.
Hey were have you been getting hit by Reaper, been looking for that fool. He killed my horse and had to run off before I killed him the second time for attacking me. I been looking for that fool. Now the PK is everywhere, my advice is if you see a name even if Blue, Gray, or Red run to guard zone. Don’t venture more than you can run out past the guard zone. Get heal up to GM anatomy up to GM Spell resisting up to GM and you will be ok, but if they are GM mages and your not RUN RUN RUN. I only fight as long as I can then I run like the wind. Get a Horse and don’t run the horse unless someone starts chasing you, by the way Mages can put a spell to make it were you cant move so like I stated if you see a name run back to guard zone. Have a button with Guards, so if you press the button you automatically say guards with out having to type it.
Once you have say 2000 to 3000 gold go to the bank and place it in your account. Watch out for Blue PKers.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24471

jlf2n

Post by jlf2n »

I always bank at 3.5 gold. I never carry more than than that, so no,that wssnt me with 7.5

Olympian PKed while I was actually in Yew and they got me so fast I couldn't even get the guards there. It was like 4 people.

As for Reaper/Dead Rise he hangs out by the Brit bank and graveyard.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It's pretty hard for wall of stone and teleport to get disrupted, likewise, most pk's wont bother wasting their held harm on it, and so, use them yo bide recall time. If you are near a small hallway, wall of stone, and block yourself in to recall. If you know that there is a barrier or river somewhere, use teleport. When you cast teleport, watch them to see if they cast it too. If so, esc-cancel it and recall while they have the cast delay.