Stealing Fix

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stealing Fix

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Ok, I just spent 3 minutes posting on the pvp discrepency topic so I had UO in the bar line. I was standing on top of 2 bankers in the east brit bank, come back IN 3 MINUTES and a thief had cleared out my entire backpack, (which was alot of shit) including my trap pouches LOL! This was all within a tile of 2 bankers and a guard. Fix please? This is not t2a era accurate. I'll get back to this another time though.. too busy on other posts so if somebody else wants to go at it, go for it!

EDIT: she also had her bank open the whole time dropping things in, WAY OFF T2A ERA ACCURACY!
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Divvet

Re: Stealing Fix

Post by Divvet »

Thats strange, because i was macroing at the mage place in brit next to the vendors in there, and someone tried stealing from me 5 times (LOL) each time getting thwacked by guards that the npcs spawned, are you sure they hadnt walked away from you at that time?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

npcs shoudl call guards if they have line of sight i think
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Heres a tip....

Don't go afk at any bank, let alone Brit, with shit in your bag.
Come on people enough with this threads bitching about thieves. I havent had one thing (besides maybe 10 regs) stolen off my Bard because im careful, I go to less popular banks, and when I do have to goto brit bank I hide, or bank my shit quickly.

If a thief steals an item no problem and no one notices then guards cant and wont be called, looks like you got robbed by a lucky thief.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Purge

Post by Purge »

If its a perfect steal they won't call guards... I remember stealing mortar and pestles off of deja vu's poisoner as he was macroing in brit bank... *thanks for like 50 gm pestles btw* and never getting whacked

STAY AWAY FROM BRIT :D

youre bad

Post by youre bad »

Stealing containers would be inacurrate.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

youre bad wrote:Stealing containers would be inacurrate.
Not exactly. Containers were stealable all the way from the introduction of the game up until AoS came out. It was long established that the only way to steal blessed items for the majority of that time was to steal the container that they were in, and it was something that occurred on several occasions early on.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

I don't remember the finer points on container stealing, but I do remember if an item like a spellbook was in a container, the item could be stolen. I got my first few full spellbooks this way from people restocking their vendors back in the day.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Yep Yep.

Perfect Steal means no Guards.

Containers were indeed stealable up until AoS came out effectively making the Stealing skill as Valid as Herding... Oh and lets not get on item insurance..

As annoying as thieves are they are as I remembered them. Course pack thieves are lame imo. lol
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:Yep Yep.

Perfect Steal means no Guards.

Containers were indeed stealable up until AoS came out effectively making the Stealing skill as Valid as Herding... Oh and lets not get on item insurance..

As annoying as thieves are they are as I remembered them. Course pack thieves are lame imo. lol
For some reason your statement of pack thieves just made me think of a horde of 10-20 thieves tressed in black and yellow rushing up to someone and each stealing from him all while emoting *Buzz* like a bee.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock