Events and Interesting Ideas

Topics related to Second Age
Orsi

Events and Interesting Ideas

Post by Orsi »

Just wanted to know what the admins stances are on changing certain things in the game. As in, things that could alter aspects more challenging despite not being T2A accurate. I think one of the many interesting things about actually playing during 98-99 was the fact that so many changes were being implemented and the game was always evolving (although eventually evolving into the crap it is now :P).

For instance temporary rule changes to incur some chaos in the economy or cities like weeks where resources are harder to obtain, times when vendors have little to no gold to buy items off players or the East part of Britain has no guard protection and monsters run free.

Just interesting ideas, could be more of event type things but I think it'd just be more interesting if there was some sort of feeling like the game is changing instead of just settling in one ruleset and sticking there. I think the doom of most free shards that try to replicate a certain era is the fact that you can't really change it too much and it starts to become stale and boring, but I believe if you can somehow implement small changes here and there that affected the way we played for small amounts of time, you could keep the excitement of something new without changing it from being a T2A shard.

Orsi

Re: Events and Interesting Ideas

Post by Orsi »

Like an idea I just had about increasing the prices of horses to 2000gp. Mostly because I see everyone riding a horse around here, and the fact that I think mounts should be a little more of a status symbol.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, We plan to do a lot of this sort of thing. We're still in the phase of getting all the base systems and whatnot correct but I do have plans for shaking things up some now and then. During the period, OSI was pretty much asleep at the wheel from my perspective until just pre:UOR when they did the undead invade Trinsic thing which lasted for weeks.

I also understand what you mean about the horses. One of the advantage to having a higher price would also be giving lower level tamers a chance to make a buck by taming horses for other players. I haven't looked to see how accurate our prices are on horses. I don't want to change the price by orders of magnitude, but I'll look into this. More player feedback on Horse prices would be very appreciated.

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

I seem to recall horse prices being dynamic. Sometimes it would be as low as 660, but others it would be 900+. Just my cloudy memory.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, it was likely dynamic based on demand. We're considering doing that for all vendor goods.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I don't remember horse prices, but I do remember buying them from tamers for 400 gold was a steal.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

alatar

Post by alatar »

a good tamer could make a decent living selling dragons and wyrms for 40k a pop

a loaded gun

Post by a loaded gun »

I dunno about the horse price thing...

If there are mounts (just came from a server w/ no mounts), they should be available to everyone at a reasonable price. This, in effect, evens out the playing field of pvp and I'm all for a fair game :P

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

agreed, i mean a 2k horse would be nothing to me but new players need SOMETHING on their side hehe, i vote leave horse prices the same :>
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Squealer

Post by Squealer »

leterrien wrote:I seem to recall horse prices being dynamic. Sometimes it would be as low as 660, but others it would be 900+. Just my cloudy memory.
aye this rings a bell.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Scythe wrote:Like an idea I just had about increasing the prices of horses to 2000gp. Mostly because I see everyone riding a horse around here, and the fact that I think mounts should be a little more of a status symbol.
wtf?, a complete noob with 50 taming can tame a horse....
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

lol at alex
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.