"you can't ride a mount that is fighting"

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

"you can't ride a mount that is fighting"

Post by Mens Rea »

Now that auto defend has been implemented this will make more sense: this is how I recall T2A mounts-

1) If I had a mount, and someone attacked it, then I had to say "all stop" before I could ride it again. Otherwise I get the message "you cannot ride a mount that is fighting".

2) If after I say "all stop" my mount is hit again, it will auto defend and go back into fighting mode (as above).

Currently you can just mount a fighting mount.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "you can't ride a mount that is fighting"

Post by Ronk »

I second this.

I am 100% sure that during the time of Bola's you could not remount a horse. It was a common practice for the orcs to throw a bola, then attack the mount so they couldn't just hop back on.

So unless there are any patch notes between T2A and bola releases that changes this...
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

agreed, was a popular tactic to attack somones horse

after it had run out of stamina the player gets off to give it apples and you attack and he cant get back on
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Red

Post by Red »

Agreed.

Faust

Post by Faust »

You are correct Mens Rea. This is just another example of a function involved with auto defend. When you say "all stop" that essentially tells the pet to stop fighting and moving. However, if the pet is attacked again he would auto defend.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Yep, this is absolutely correct. Accidentally hopping off your mount in the wrong place could get you mount attacked by a monster which was very frustrating because it involved chasing down your mount, getting it to stop fighting, and then getting back on before it could start auto-defending against the monster again. The whole prospect was very annoying at first, but once you got the pattern down for dealing with it, it was one of those things that just made T2A, T2A.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org