Returning original/T2A player

Topics related to Second Age
Populus

Re: Returning original/T2A player

Post by Populus »

Pro wrote:Don't trust blackfoot. He's a known pk.
Also contact pro for your brokering needs.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

Yeah if you think your low on character slots, just make a second account. The are some advantages of a second account, like having one character heal, while another works magery and resist.

Gorgrim

Post by Gorgrim »

Thanks again for the warm welcome and the tips. I re-created Gorgrim last night and had some success. I decided to forgo the dangers and frustrations of mining for now to take up a Shepherd's crook to use herding to raise all my attributes. In a couple hours I was rolling with 95 strength, 52 int, and 36 dex. I'm still really not sure which direction I'm going to take him. During the original UO I was a tank mage, so I could cast 8th circle spells and still smack someone with a warhammer. I don't know if a similar build is still viable, but I enjoyed it back then. it seems like everyone is a tamer, a bard, or a dex warrior from the posts I've read.

Right now I'm struggling with raising my weapon skills beyond the 25 you get from beating on dummies. I'm fumbling around in the sewers, but the rats are kicking my ass, lol. Still having a great time doing it, however.

I'm actually really enjoying being back in Britannia. The geography is slowly coming back to me and the nostalgia is overwhelming. I have a long way to go, and a lot to re-learn -- it *has* been 11 years for me. I hope this community continues to grow and flourish and that people will see the true value in a sandbox type virtual world.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Trust me, the Tank Mage is alive and well on UOSA.

I'm guessing you haven't been PKd yet? :lol:
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I haven't seen more than 1 dexer on the field in a year. Tank mages are dominant.

Gr3nd3l

Post by Gr3nd3l »

I think you will find the tank mage is alive and well here in T2A.

I too recently joined T2A and after a month am still feeling the same nostaligic things you are.

If you don't know what you want to do yet with your main character (I still don't). I would recommend making a bard/mage. This will get you in the $ fairly quickly and in the end also have a great support character for your main (gate,, money to macro things like Magery). I would start with 50 magery so you can recall immeadiately and mark (with a great amount of failure at first). Then you can set up your panic button (recall macro hotkey) which will in most cases keep you alive in T2A.

You can Macro Music, Provo, - all at 0 cost to GM in about 5 days (if you are religious at keeping the Macros going 24/7) and at that point you can pretty much go anywhere and rake loot up with a hoover.

While you collecting $$$ I would read some of the posts in these forums on template building. I have already nixxed about 5 ideas I've had from reading through these, probably saving me months of useless frustration.
I often quote myself; it adds credibility to my argument.

Sanctum

Post by Sanctum »

My PvM character is a Bard Dexer. :D And I suck at PvPing, so I don't have one of those nifty "Hally Mages" yet.

Koden

Post by Koden »

It's so cool after missing UO for years. I thought I would remember everything. LOL I remember a lot of the map, and how to grind out fish steaks, arrows, & bandages. Past that I'm only remembering enough to get in to deep. (oh that's right these poison, and I have no cures on me... runnnnnn! )
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.