How about a Auction site like the old one

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Angelsbreath
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

How about a Auction site like the old one

Post by Angelsbreath »

How about a Auction site like the old one, that would be great , as its a realy nice way to sell and buy things.
I dont know if its possible the GM's work hard here as it is , but hell it would realy make us more than ever like the old U.O *smiles*

Derrick

Re: How about a Auction site like the old one

Post by Derrick »

Tell me more about how that worked

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:Tell me more about how that worked
If he is talking about the old auction websites it was basically just a forum where you make bids. I think our buy/sell forum already mimics that.

In addition, often times they had 'reputable third parties' to help with transfers. For example, lets say you were buying a house prior to the house appearing in the trade window. The buyer couldn't trust you by giving the gold first and you couldn't trust him by giving the house first. So you'd get this third party guy, give him a small commission, and you'd both give your stuff to him. He'd then give it to the opposite parties to complete the trade.

If he is talking about an ingame auction, thats just something any player can set up.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

I think a more advanced selling and buying site or subsite would be great. Let's say I wanted to sell some ingots and a vanq weapon, well have categories and such. So I'd select Resources > Ingots > Iron, and then input the amount I have an the cost per ingot. Then something like Weapons > Macing > Q Staffs > Magic and list my vanq q staff. And as long as people updated there "profile" essentially which would list all the items they have for sale, then buyers could just navigate in these menus and find what they are looking for. This way it's not a "bump" war on a forum to have the most recent post.

Just a thought..

Faust

Post by Faust »

Not a bad idea at all crab.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Could also be a nice place to advertise the selling of accounts or items via cash.. I know that it isn't "illegal" here but you aren't allowed to advertise it on these forums..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

That's true, selling items for cash is a big appeal to new players as well and shows that it's a strong economy.

platy

Post by platy »

Reffering to the old uotradespot.net?
-was an auction website where people would post their items and they'd be bidded on.. probably the biggest gathering of tradesman/crafters on ALL the websites used throughout the era- it was seperated via shard.. i loved it

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

i think the site was uo-auction2.com or something, i used to use it regulary, was a great way to sell things, it was all based on gold, no real cash, which i think is how it should be kept, if you want to sell your account, use ebay or something. that wasnt the purpose of the uo auctions. however this system was abused quite regularly, and where your account got banned on the site, here you got 3 accounts to play with, so that could prove to be open to more abuse.

oh and edit:
the way it worked was exactly like any auction site.

You had loads of categories and sub cats.

you'd post an item on there, with price, picture if you had one, quantity available if you had more, and a buy it now option if you wanted.

you set a end date to the auction.

people bid away,

winning bid takes it, automatic email is sent to the seller and buyer stating in game names and contact information.

people arrange a collection.

was wicked. also good for houses n stuff.

double edit:

The site is still actually running, although it is completely dead, during my time on uo there were 1000-7000 auctions on the busyest servers.. heres the link for people to check it out.

http://www.uo-auction2.com/

was also good for advertising vendors. forgot about that.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Divvet wrote:i think the site was uo-auction2.com or something, i used to use it regulary, was a great way to sell things, it was all based on gold, no real cash, which i think is how it should be kept, if you want to sell your account, use ebay or something. that wasnt the purpose of the uo auctions. however this system was abused quite regularly, and where your account got banned on the site, here you got 3 accounts to play with, so that could prove to be open to more abuse.

oh and edit:
the way it worked was exactly like any auction site.

You had loads of categories and sub cats.

you'd post an item on there, with price, picture if you had one, quantity available if you had more, and a buy it now option if you wanted.

you set a end date to the auction.

people bid away,

winning bid takes it, automatic email is sent to the seller and buyer stating in game names and contact information.

people arrange a collection.

was wicked. also good for houses n stuff.

double edit:

The site is still actually running, although it is completely dead, during my time on uo there were 1000-7000 auctions on the busyest servers.. heres the link for people to check it out.

http://www.uo-auction2.com/

was also good for advertising vendors. forgot about that.
Uo Auctions was the best thing out back then. It was simple to use and buyers/sellers could leave feedback for each other. So rep went a long way.

Though the third party for houses were not connected to UOA2. It was tradespot that did that amongst reputable guilds that existed and made a market/living off that.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.