Redeeding Vendors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Redeeding Vendors

Post by Mens Rea »

Redeeding vendors was the thing to do, back in my day.

I think you used to empty them, and say vendor redeed, or maybe vendor dismiss did it too. I can't remember fully. But you could redeed them.
Colored ore, granting karma, and combat changes Feb 2 1999 10:57AM

Miscellaneous

- Redeeded vendor deeds will now weigh 90 stones. They can now be looted as well (they will drop to your corpse). Vendors must now be emptied before they can be redeeded.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Redeeding Vendors

Post by Mirage »

I was just thinking about this the other night, good find.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Wow, I never knew this one.

Does anyone have details on the mechanics of this?
When you used the deed, did you get the same vendor back that you redeeded?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Yeah it would be a carbon copy of the one you redeeded- same name, time left, etc, etc.

Obviously the deeds were 90 stones, I actually remember this. It was very annoying hehe, especially when moving a vendor house.

They had to be empty to redeed them. I am pretty sure that saying "vendor dismiss" would actually put the deed into your back as opposed to killing them, but I am not 100% certain.

I do however remember that only the person who placed/owned the vendor could use the deed, and perhaps the deed said something different like "a deed to the vendor named xxxxx"- I will have a deep think about this lol.